Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,615 Posts
Re: torsion bar \"cranking\"

Something sounds very fishy to me/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif
how could these be any less damaging to the front end ????
They are doing the EXACT same thing as torqueing the T-bars it's just a different way of doing it.
The damage everyone is afraid of is the CV's and their different keys is not going to make any difference to the CV's at all.
Buyer beware lots of companies will sell you lots of junk that you don't need/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif these sound like just such junk.

Just turn up the T-bars the way we have been doing for about 13 years now and send me your $150 I just saved you /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!

· Registered
1,615 Posts

I have turned them up on my last three trucks and Never had one bad side affect from it.
It is totaly safe for 1" to 1.5". Just don't go crazy and try to make a 3" lift outa them/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!

· Registered
1,615 Posts

You don't "NEED" new shocks because of this.
unless his old shocks were just bad already.

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!

· Registered
1,615 Posts

Everybody gets soooo worried over doing such a simple thing, as turn up the T-bars a little /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

Technicaly YES, you "SHOULD" get it re-aligned.

And Technicaly you should have it re-aligned If you put 285's on anyway, even if you didnt touch your t-bars.

Technicaly they say you should get it aligned whenever you put on new tires even if you don't change the size.

Do you have to re-align it? NO
Will it drive funny? NO
Will your tires wear out fast if you don't ? NO (ok maybe a little bit faster)

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!

· Registered
1,615 Posts

RICK98Z, That sounds like good thinking to me!
Do everything first and then only pay for the alignment 1 time /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
Me, I cranked my T-bars (probably 1.5") and put 285's on. and it has never been re-aligned, I see no odd wear on the tires, they still look straight and it drives great.

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!

· Registered
1,615 Posts

72dreamer, That was my first laugh of the day!/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif. Thanks, I needed it! /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.