Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey steve:

thanks for replying to my posts. there is no prob with the steering and no noises coming from the left wheel. according to the haynes manual for broncos 1993 and later with 4wd abs(mine is a '94 5.0L), the test connector for the abs is located on the left fender near the ecu for the abs. i can only find two connectors there and they don't seem to be the test connector. the manual says to jumper pin e to b but even if i did i wouldn't know which one is e or b since the manual doesn't tell you which one it is. it only gives whether the wire is blk/blue, blk/white, blk/brwn, ect. i made a visit to the ford dealer to see if they could show me more detail on the test connector, but forget about that! they had the same damn picture that the haynes manual had! too vague! any ideas?

totally frustrated,
mike

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Look up by the brake master cylinder and you will find the ECC TEST CONNECTOR. The ECU test connector is the red (for me, '93 5.0) connector. It should have six possible connection slots with four wired up. Jumper E (W/LB) and B (BK) together which if you hold the connector the way the picture(14.21c) on page 9-21 of the Haynes shows you, you count from the top (I think) a(blank), then b(57, bk), starting on the second row with c(960, bk/lb), and so on. Effectively what you are doing is grounding (via 57, bk, of the connector) pin 16(W/LB, diag trig circuit of the ECU). Steve, jump in here if I am wrong with the pinouts. As the book says jumper it, turn on the key and pull the jumper after about five seconds. Read the flashes as a count of a number the long flash being the end of a number.

Havack!

This is FORD country. On a quite night yu can hear a Chevy rust.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
That all sounds right - I'm not up on it since I don't have 4WABS. YET!!!!/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif But all the red connectors I've seen on trucks w/4WABS have "ABS TEST" or something similar molded into the red cover. Other than that & the red color, the connector & cover are identical to the EEC test connector.

Steve 83 Bronco 4.9L
Build it; Don't buy it...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts