Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to buy/trade for an '85 CJ. As far as I know it is stock with a little bit of rust, but nothing to severe. 125,000 miles, and stock tires. How much is this worth with a hardtop and full doors? Is there anything unique about this year that I should know? Thanks for the info

MudFlap 87 YJ POS!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am going to go look at an 85 CJ7 also this weekend, basically stock, except for new shocks and new 31x10.50's. It has power steering and a hardtop as well. Anything we should know about or look for?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got an '85 CJ7 and I guess you should just look for the usual stuff. Look for rust, is the stuff in the radiator clean, try to see some wiring under the dash and elsewhere. Look for gobs of oil leaking out. Just the usual stuff. I can't think of anything particular to that year.Be sure to take them somewhere you can shift them into 4WD, both low and hi range. Check all that out. Listen for funny noises when you do.
Good luck.

JP
'94 YJ and '85 CJ7 with stuff done to it/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif Check the frame rails for rust....especially in the right rear, between the hump and the rear crossmember. Look at the rear tub mounts too....see if they are severly rusted./wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.