Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new Texas Motorized Trails coalition (TMTC) newsletter the "Wheels of Progress" for Spring 2001. Barnwell Mountain OHV Recreational Area is in Gilmer, Texas. I want to get some Samurai's interested in the area. If we had a Texas Zuk Club we could have events at the TMTC properties. Barnwell Mountain OHV Recreational Area is the first of these OHV areas that the TMTC will be opening. It costs $35 to become a member for a year, $15 to use the property for a weekend. Look this stuff!

Attachments

· Registered
631 Posts
how far is it from ft worth..

Mark
90 samurai,5.5 SPOA,2"over shackles,front locker,welded rear 31-10.50 swamper TSLs removable doors,working on onboard air,

"Life is short play hard"

· Registered
500 Posts
Is the get together still set for August? Any interest in starting the club?
I have two other local zuks that are going to try and make the August date if its still on.

87 Samurai- 5.12's locked up,4340 front,hybrid rear,4.16's,P/S.,Toy. carb.,DT header, 33's, 2" exhaust and Durabak inside and out.
92 Samurai- Its next!!!

Zookin- a family affair

· Registered
675 Posts
Don't let the picture of Brad Gross scare you. He would probably do the same thing on a street corner. The guy has to much money and not enough driving skill. The money he has tied up in the drivetrain could buy a dozen Samurais.
AUGUST! Damn you think you could find a cooler time of the year. Temps in the 100's trapped in the forest with no wind! Yeah, and that don't include the heat indexes. They could be in the 120's. If your gonna do it in the summer try late June before it gets to hot.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That pic of Brad, I don't know what he was doing. I have video of my zuk going up Dewoody and I didn’t get that much air. I did get some air going up the Houston Creek Trail; I made it up without having to use the winch point.

I live in Fort Worth and it takes me about 3 hours to get out to Gilmer driving 70MPH. We are still going in August; I am just trying to get some more Suzuki's interested in going. If some of you want to go in June or July I will go.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have to admit we might want to do a brazos river run in august and save barnwell for later in the fall. i have 3 or 4 ready to hit it. set a date and lets see what happens later mike

88.5ht,two87s,88.5 spoa,33X12.50,5.12 f&r,rock cage,4.16 T case

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
June 22 sounds good. Also to let everyone know July 28-29 is the 2nd annual member appreciation weekend. Members will ride for FREE; there is a general membership meeting on the property on Saturday at 1pm.

· Registered
519 Posts
Hey red, put me on whatever mailing list you create. I am interested in going in June sometime, but I'll be out of town most of July vacationing.

Pillard
'87 Sami, 5.5" SpOA, 33" Pro-Comps, Snorkel, 8k winch, 23" buggy-leafs, etc, etc.

· Registered
519 Posts
Yeah, I got it all fixed. I will be filling a carrier with aluminum once I get around to finding a spare, as I don't want my sami down for a week or so while I send it off. I have a serious vibration problem in the rearend to address, tho...

Pillard
'87 Sami, 5.5" SpOA, 33" Pro-Comps, Snorkel, 8k winch, 23" buggy-leafs, etc, etc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi All,

I was keeping track of those of you who were interested in a run at Gilmer on AUG. 11. These are the people that I have heard from:

Samasuki2
Cartman
j. Mc Ada
A. Cappizo
mramynke
My Self

I am still on for it wheather we all get together or not, I am hoping to have some mods done by then and need to make a test run.

I am planning on staying at the camp ground.
I'm all for getting a TXZUK club. Any one wanna jump in?

It's not a JEEP, it's a JAAP,
86' SPOA,33x12.5, 2.5" body lift, ALWAYS work in progress.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Most of you probably have this but here is the link the TMTC web site.

Happy Trails

It's not a JEEP, it's a JAAP,
86' SPOA,33x12.5, 2.5" body lift, ALWAYS work in progress.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.