Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just reading something about TJM Bumpers/Brushgaurds and i discovered that they are available for my Tahoe. However the problem is i really want to see what it will look like on my truck, but the website has no pictures for a Tahoe. So i was wondering if any of u have one and could tell me how good it is and where i could find pictures of a black one.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Where were you looking at the TJM bumpers? Last I knew they had stopped making those about a year and a half ago because they weren't making enough money with having to ship them to the USA from Austraila./wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif I'd be interested in one myself if they are here again.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Flowmaster, K&N, MSD coil & wires, Rancho 2.5" lift, 285/75R16 AT's/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
they're shipping them to the US now....i've checked out their website, which looks pretty good...let me search for it....

Shorts <-- its not what you think...and don't ask what it is /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
hey AJM, you posted about TJM stuff.....

In reply to:

Subject Re: Brush Guards durability question.
Posted by AJMBLAZER (Pooh-Bah)
Posted on 5/10/01 11:19 PM
From IP 205.188.197.24

Actually, I have just received word that the TJM front bumpers for our trucks are going to be available soon. They were available through the Performance Products catalauges up until about a year ago, but the cost of making them in Austraila and then shipping them to the USA was just to much. They must have changed something or come across a cheaper shipping method. I'm considering them.
Go to http://www.TJMproducts.com.au if you want to see examples of their products.

It sounds like Desert Rat is the company to talk to about this.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 3" Flowmaster 40 DF, 4L60, K&N, Rancho 2.5" lift, 285/75R16's on 16x8 Bajas
Shorts <-- its not what you think...and don't ask what it is /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
hehehehehe.........feel dumb......thought I was having deja vu........ummmmmmm.......shutting up now..........I still have the email from TJM in my Yahoo files./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

Is 22 to young for senility?/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

Has any one found a picture of one of our trucks with these bumpers? I threw away my old Performance Products catalauges a year ago./wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Flowmaster, K&N, MSD coil & wires, Rancho 2.5" lift, 285/75R16 AT's/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only picture i have ever seen was of a chrome finished one on a regular red tahoe, but the picture is very small and at a terrible angle so in my opinion is completly useless. Plus i want to see a black TJM on a tahoe sport.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just saw a black one on a black 88-98 body Chevy. It "LOOKS" pretty stout to me. The metal doesn't seem that thick though so I wonder how well they take abuse. I have a perf-prod catalogue around here somewhere. I'll see if I can find it and scan the picture of that red Chevy with the black TJM bumper that's in there.

/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gifSomebody once said "Go Big" . . . Well we're goin' Full Size/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
They're plenty stout gmcjim, all the rage down in Austraila and New Zealand. The Ozzies and the Kiwi's love 'em. Pretty much every second 4x4 I've seen down there has one./wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif My fiance is a Kiwi so it kind of makes me favor getting one for the front.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Maybe you have already seen this?

At the bottom of AJM's E-Mail that was posted, it says maybe Desert Rat will have them (or something like that). Well they do. Check out the attachment. Personally I like the steel one better than the aluminum one.

I don't have a camera but here is my truck minus the lift and brush guard.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,656 Posts

Those are what I was thinking of. I wouldn't get chrome myself, but I like the T15 one. Wonder if they are going to come out with the T15 in black? The cost is kinda scary though./wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif If it stays that high, I might just go with Ranch Hand. Can get a front and rear bumper from them for that much./wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

1992 Blazer Sport, 350, 4L60, Rancho 2" lift, 285/75R16 AT's, K&N, Flowmaster, MSD stuff/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It does come in black!/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif I've seen 'em.

/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gifSomebody once said "Go Big" . . . Well we're goin' Full Size/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.