Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1997 TJ has the factory hardtop and full metal doors. The windows are hard to crankup. Looking at the factory manual, the window mechanism is some sort of cable system. Has anyone had a similar problem and how did you fix it? Is there a way to lubricate the cable system?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a little easier way to do it than installing power windows. Remove the door pannel and squirt some WD-40 on the rod in the back bottom corner. Roll the window up and down and you can easily see where it is hanging.

Doug '97 TJ
My Web Site

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
My intent was not for him to install power windows! .....but rather that Harry .....the infamous Harry ...... has a very detailed site with many pictures that would allow this poor soul to SEE what was inside for a better understanding of the internals of the door. Harry ...... the infamous Harry ...... has THE most detailed TJ upgrade page(s) in the known Jeep universe.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Am well aware of Harry's web site. Has good information, however, the door deal is pretty simple. Remove a few screws in the door pannel, open both eyes and focus on the interrior of the door while rolling the window up and down. Squirt some WD-40 on the sticking parts, replace door pannel, and it's a done deal. About 30 minutes if it takes you 10 minutes to focus your eyes. A flashlight is helpful too.

Doug '97 TJ
My Web Site

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif I don't want to open a can of worms. BUT
I have not had good long term luck with WD-40.
If you put it on tools or guns it will get gummie
and then even to varish.
No I have not a better idea. I will use white grease

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.