Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i was reading the other post and just to get your attention Jeepskate, did u have to trim the body to fit the flares on or did u do it just for more space i've got a 95 wrangler and like the TJ flares, but i don't want to cut stuff off if i don't have , so i figured i'd ask since you know how to do it!
thanks!

(\/)ikey
1988 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L w/5spd Manual
1995 Wrangler 2.5L w/ 5spd Manual-dixie horn

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
of you want more tire clearance just replacing your stock flares with TJ flares will not help any thing, the stock flares already have more space then then the sheetmetal

Jeff
'83 Toyota long bed
"look Ma no doors!"

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Let's put it this way...my most heavily used tools are my jig saw, cut-off wheel, and angle grinder /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif
I know of one person who mounted them without cutting his body...he trimmed the under-side lip off of the flares, mounted them, and painted the exposed sheetmetal in the wheelwells black to hide what he did. Mine, like most, wet under the knife. The biggest gains are seen in the rear. The TJ has a signicantly wider rear opening...somewhere around 32"-33" wide at the mouth if I recall correctly and it also opens up the tops of the wheelwells front & rear. You can get a pretty decent idea on my site at http://jeepskate.4x4.org/Flares.htm

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The TJ has bigger fender openings than the YJ. The reason people install TJ flares on YJ's is because they want to trim out the fenders to prevent their tires from hitting the sheet metal. I don't know anyone who installed them because of looks only. I can offer suggestions on doing the install as I did this on my YJ.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.