Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have come across an '88 Ford 302 Mustang engine and I want to install it into my '97 TJ. I'm getting an SM465 Ford tranny to use, and Advanced says they can adapt it to the NP231 transfer case. If anyone knows where I can get some information or literature on how to do this, I'd be very greatful! Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
geese i dint know what to say? do u have a four or a 6? what size tire are planning on running? There is not to many people that swap motors out of a tj there are very few that do, for instance the guy in the ttc had a viper motor in his tj:) that was one slick set up but someone had some dough, i would not recomend the swap u are doing for one do u have emissions? if so usually u have to stay with the year of the vehicle and newer as u are not, i know if u have a 6, the 302 will probabbly give u no improvement in power, go with some gears intseadd according to the tirs size u are running, my friend has a tj and 31 and an auto and when he steps on the gas let me tell u the thing moves, put it this way i have a 360 and no gears it stinks gears will make u all the diffrence in the world. i am doing gears this summer! not only that so many people are selling their cjs and yjs for a tj and lifting/gearing them/ bigger tires and they are good to go!! and they are one hell of a jeep that handles well on the street and trail!1
also post some more info on what u exactly have?
what exactly do u want out of your rig?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Before I can post any kind of answer....I have but one question...."WHY?"

-Mike

1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 Laramie SLT Sport Plus--5.9L 360, auto, 3.92s, antispin, BFG A/Ts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.