Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Official Curmudgeon
4,707 Posts
I bought a set of sliders for the CJ7 off of ebay for about half price. They are new, factory seconds, the
guy sells them all the time, just need to be patient and wait for the right style and color. I haven't tried
them out yet, actually I've only got one of them adjusted to fit the holes in the door so far. I've got
fiberglass half doors (I think from 4wd) and I glassed in the tubes to hold the windows myself, using
some soft upper doors to locate the holes, so I'm not sure if they are in the exact right place or not and
I had to adjust the pegs. Still I'm assuming some adjustment of the pegs is required even on factory
doors.

I hear it doesn't get that cold in Seattle anyway, we've only gotten down to 23 below here, not in a few
years though. Funny part was we set the record for the highest temp ever recorded for the date the day
before. With 100 degree temp changes in 24 hours here in the midwest, I may want to put the top
down when it hits 95 in the middle of January so I avoid putting the hardtop on. Looks like it's going on
this year though, we've already been down in the 30s.

Ron

·
Official Curmudgeon
4,707 Posts
I got my slider upper soft top half doors on yesterday when they correctly predicted near freezing temps
over night. I was very surprised at how quiet this made the Jeep. Visibility is greatly improved by being
glass but it takes a few trips to get used to the latch hardware in the peripheral vision. It's supposed to
get back up into the 80s on Thursday, so I may take it to the car wash and check for leaks. I don't
expect any leakage though, they're made pretty well.

My upper doors are actually for a YJ. I used fiberglass lower half doors which I custom 'glassed in the
tubes to hold the upper doors to go with a YJ factory top.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.