Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently bought a 96 pathfinder. i want to change my factory 235\70-15 tires to some dunlop mud rovers 30x9.5. some people have told me that in changeing my tires i will incounter problems ( bad mph readings , front end damage , etc. ) is this true ? or can i change my tires with no worries? what should i do i really like the tire and want them on my truck!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sure there are potential problems, but that also depends on what you plan to do with your Pathfinder. The tire size you mention is within what was available as a factory option. I expect you have the stock rims so you may want to look at changing those because the rim width may be a little small for the tires you want. Larger tires may also lead to more rubbing in the wheel well, certainly if you go off road. Just read this board and previous posts and it will give you ideas on what to look for.

'95 Pathfinder 4X4 XE
K&N filter, Borla Cat-Back, 2" lift, 31" BFG's

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can switch to the 30x9.5 with no problems. If you try to go any larger than that (say 31x10.5) then you will need new rims (if you have the stock 15x6 XE rims) and there will be a noticeable difference in speedo reading.

Les.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You will have a lot of different view points on this subject. I know it has been covered on this board quite regularly. I myself have a '95 p/u with the stock rims and I am running 31 X 10.50. I have had no irregular wear and I have about 50% tread left after 40K miles. I have kept the tires rotated every 8K miles and I do not do a lot of off-road driving. You will have a small amount of rubbing when you make hard right turns. I have seen no other ill effects. The 30 X 9.50 should not give you any trouble. If you by an A/T style of tread it really adds to the look of the truck also. Just my $.02

sb

1 - 4 of 4 Posts