Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready (I Hope) to put new sneakers on the CJ.
It has 31x10.5's right now which I have found to be rather squirrely on the road and float like mad on snow etc....
I like the height of the tires though...
I have read past posts on pizza cutters vs. fatties....
Figured I'd reopen the wound....
The only thing I know so far is that I want an All Terrain( I know there really isnt such a thing). /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

84 CJ7 / 258

torx: the root of all evil.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well what size lift if any do you run? What type of terrain do you normally travel on? What do you want to accomplish? Travel alot on the road or mostly offroad?

Muddynut
/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif 78 CJ7 "Issues" /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
827 Posts
yes, more info is needed to figure out what you need for a tire, if you want an all terain I am assuming you drive on the road a lot and the best bet would be the bfg.

Jeeps are Built not Bought

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry.
Most of my driving is ON road /wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif
I dont have a lift, yet, although I do run add-a-leaks that got me about 1.5 to 2in higher. The 31x10.5's have no trouble clearing and I could probably go a little bigger...
Here is my issue, My fiance will be driving this thing alot this year and I want to make it as safe as possible.
The narrower 30x9.5's would seem safer without sacrificing too much in height, right? wrong? I think anything smaller than 30x9.5's would look funny on this thing b/c it sits higher than stock...Am I way off base here?

84 CJ7 / 258

torx: the root of all evil.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I think that your right about the 9.5's but I would stick with the 31's or move up to 32's. The bfg's are tough to beat for all terrains.

80 CJ7 258 T176
36X12.5 Swampers
Fiberglass body

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.