Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a set of 15 inch 32 x 10.50 tires. Dunlop Radial Mud Rovers. And a set of 15 x 8 inch wheels. Is that a good match or should I have gotten the 10 inch rims? I haven't paid anything yet so I can still change my mind on the rims.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
You can use either. I like the 8" as it "balloons" the tires a bit and allows some sidewall grab without damaging the rim. It is rumored (though disputed often) a 8" hold aired-down tires on the rim much more than the 10".

G

·
8" Width with 10.5 or 11.5 is a good match....you would not have been happy with 10" wheels.....it would have started to look like a low rider......and you stand a much better chance of damaging the rims and getting bead seperation with 10"...

You done good........

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I feel totally better now. At least next time everyone goes to the badlands, I can come down and play.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
That's a good setup even 7" wide wheels would work. I like narrower wheels, they hold beads better and you usually don't get as much stuff stuck behind the bead. I ran 12.5's on 6's and never had bead issues though that was on a trail only beater.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Yes, I'll vote that the 8" wheel works great for 32x11.50s.

·
Registered
991 Posts
That is the combo I run and it works well for me. I air down to 9 psi in the sand and have never unseated a bead.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts