Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure you are getting incredibly tired of these damn ignition posts. I tried my best to follow all of the stuff you were posting about ignition upgrades and stuff but my knowhow is just not up to snuff. I have a 350, HEI. I would like to know of some simple, I'm talking Bert from Sesame Street level, cheap, ways to upgrade my HEI. I am trying to get the best mpg I can with a highoutput 350. I know what you are thinking, power and mpg do not go together. Nope, they don't. That is why I am trying to get the "best" out of what I got. I am not expecting any miracles here, but gas mileage in the 2-digit figures would be nice. If you could mail me privately I would appreciate it, [email protected] . If you would need something like cam specs and what not I have an overstuffed Manilla folder like any good Jeeper should with every receipt for my baby. Oh Yeah, I would like to stick with the HEI just to keep it simple. Please keep it simple. Remember...BERT
THANX

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif 1976 CJ-7,CHEVY 350, 33'S, 3" LIFT, THAT COVERS MOST OF THE MAJOR STUFF /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif Lee, I'm surprised at you. TR has posted several different notes on what to do about overcoming the deficiencies in the GM HEI. One of the things that you can do is use the early Delco distributor and convert THAT to the Hall Effect trigger; using a cap adapter for the large Ford cap; and then make that distributor tickle an MSD (or Ford)module. That way you can get entirely away from the Coil-In-Cap AND the shakey GM HEI module. WE are convinced that SNOJEEP just cannot BE a real performer unless SNOJEEP has the MSD ignition. IF there is room against the firewall of your Jeep to take the large cap, you are all set. And FORGET simplicity.....SHEESH! That is a poor excuse for side-stepping a performance upgrade. It isn't as though we are advocating adding a Nitrous Oxide setup, or twin Paxton Blowers. What we are talking about is just basic ignition stuff. I'm a long-term disciple of the GM HEI, but hey.....I NEVER left home without a spare rotor, and pickup module/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif TWIN PAXTONS.....??? Hmmmm....that has possibilities if we........./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gifNaw.....not OUR Jeep.....Hey!....You there!....Moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif!....get away from that Jeep....leave those belts alone! See what happens if I just MENTION a performance upgrade/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
You might want to look into Direct Hits. They are like mini-coils that go onto each of your spark plugs so instead of shooting a nice thick spark it shoots a great HUGE ball of plazma and ignites everything that much better. Try clicking on this picture below

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.