Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running 31's on my 84 bronco. I have noticed that the inside of the passenger front tire is wearing alot. All the other tires look good. Anyone have any thoughts what may be the cause. I need some place to start. Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Check the camber adjustment. Ask your local 4x4 shop where a good oversize tire alignment shop is. They will be able to help if you can not adjust the camber yourself.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
31's aren't really oversized - they're only about 1/2-1" taller than stock for an '84, and they were stock on later Broncos & trucks, so any alignment shop should be able to handle them. But not many will work on the TTB front end, especially older ones (like pre-'87) that didn't all have replaceable camber bushings. It takes an alignment shop to measure the angle to get the right bushing, but I think Ford only charges about $80 (plus parts) to do the whole job.

Steve 83 Bronco 4.9L
Build it; Don't buy it...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First thing to check in this situation is the radius arm bushings at the frame brackets. I went for an alignment, and the man said the bushings needed replacing. I changed them, and when he checked the next week it did not need any alignment changes at all. Two years ago, and it wears the tires very evenly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.