Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need to store some tire in my garage.

is it best to keep them on the rims...off the rims....full pressure....low pressure?

on the side flat? or standing on the tread?

or most importantly....does it matter?

i dont want to store the tires only to find them warped or damaged when i want to use them.

thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I believe I've been told:

On the rims
Fully inflated
On the side (flat)
Covered

At leasat that's how mine are stored. I also put them on an old wooden pallet.

·
Registered
325 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I believe I've been told:

On the rims
Fully inflated
On the side (flat)
Covered

At leasat that's how mine are stored. I also put them on an old wooden pallet.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'd do. Flat, you can stack'em like pancakes and save space. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, thanks Ed.
You da man! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

and thanks for the confirmation jeepete...you are also the man....but not so much as Ed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
13,432 Posts
When I had a garage, I used to set the tires (on rims) vertically, together, and pass a piece of pipe though them. Through the pipe I threaded a length of 1/4" steel cable. One end of the cable was fixed the the rafters of the garage. The other end of the cable ran through a pulley and down to another pulley affixed to the studs. I could then simply pull on the cable and raise/lower the whole set of tires into the rafters. The cable was tied off with a loop and cable clamps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts