Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife hates riding in my Jeep with the doors removed, so I am forced to buy some 1/2 doors (my Jeep came with full doors) to make her feel safe. I have checked the steel doors and canvas doors, and it looks like canvas is going to be cheaper. Where can I find the absolute best price on some grey canvas 1/2 doors?

My buddy just picked up used ones for $140c and I heard of $90us new doors. Where to get?

Websites?

Thanks! (email me at naekid at home.com)

Vance - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1985 4x4 S-10 and 1988 Jeep YJ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just figured I would try to get this message to the top of the heap again, and see if anyone can help me find some 1/2 doors. I have also found some tubular bars that have no cover, just the tubes... does anyone know about them?

Laters!

· Registered
7,289 Posts
If you want to go cheap find a set of soft doors , cut the top off and weld the top bar at an angle ot match the body lines. Get out the sissors and needle and finish them up. Or go the extra and put on metal.(maybe even diamond plate}

Bet you could do that for $50-$75.
Just an idea.

"No officer I haven't been drinking , Thats just how my Jeep drives"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The prices I've seen (JC Whitney, Quadratech, 4WD) all run within a few buckso of $110 US.

I've looked at the tubular safari doors, but the look doesn't appeal to me.

Good luck.

Bone stock rigs: '81 CJ7, '96 ZJ. Moab every summer!

· Registered
7,901 Posts
I found a set on E-Bay for $50 once, have them in the barn will put them on this summer. You might try used online places. Just a suggestion.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205 twinstick/7"Lift/33"TSL's/IHC D44's 4.10's Lock'd

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As you speak of getting a new wife, I like that thought!

Too funny! I like the idea of the homemade doors .. diamond plated sounds cool too!

Laters!

· Registered
411 Posts
I love the look of the diamond plate half doors. My girlfriend is another one of those "it's too windy" type of people. So, I tell her not to ride in my Jeep in the summer. I gave in enough by agreeing to put a bikini top and soft half doors on. what more does she want?

she's much easier to replace than a wife though

Get the diamond plates. You'll have little chicks all over you and your Jeep in no time. Once your wife see's that she's got lots of competition, she'll quit bitchin.

Sean

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.