Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
you could start with rustys offroad...they make a nice one.....you should visit their website if you haven't already @ www.rustysoffroad.com

push your limits, be extreme...anything less and you'll never learn.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Beastmaster,

Ok here this is good sh*t!!!

To strengthen the stock tie rod sleeve it with a piece of hollow steel pipe 0.875" ID and 1.25" OD.

Go to this site [*]http://members.tripod.com/BillyXJ/tech.html<bi> ALL OF YOU!!![/SIZE] This is one of the best XJ tech site around, this guy is a bit of a genius, and a bit of a Loon!

Have fun,

Todd

88' XJ
3" rusty's
1.75" Shackles
2" RE spacers.
Rusty LCA's.
RE adj trackbar

G

·
hey, I have been to his site, but I failed to see that tie rod beefing...thats pretty cool. I am gonna try that one! Don't you think Chromoly tubing would work better?

push your limits, be extreme...anything less and you'll never learn.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
hey, give it a shot but i think that the steel would be sufficient. Just make sure that the ID and OD are the same as what i posted.

Have fun,

Todd

88' XJ
3" rusty's
1.75" Shackles
2" RE spacers.
Rusty LCA's.
RE adj trackbar

G

·
wow, i checked out that guys webpage... cool, but id be a little scared it i saw that thing drive by.... his friends rear coil conversion was a little sketchy too... i dont think id want to be going 75 mph in that one...

Hall

95 Wrangler Sahara. 1" body lift, 30" tires, No Sway bar /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif
88 Jeep XJ. 30" tires, No Sway bar

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
ya i hear ya, thats why i said a bit of a genius and a bit of a loon.

todd

88' XJ
3" rusty's
1.75" Shackles
2" RE spacers.
Rusty LCA's.
RE adj trackbar

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.