Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the guy with the swampers e-mailed me today and said he sold them to some guy who came last night. I already sent the check to him and been talking to him about buying them for a long time.. then he sold them to some other guy /wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif
so i guess ill be runnning bald, generic 33's this year. maybe ill spend the money on some other thing, maybe a front locker or somthing.. gears are too expensive. anton

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
How much were they Anton?

FWIW, I got the Hi-tech retreads and couldn't be happier. $65 for a 33x12.50 MT isn't all that bad. Try saving up for those.

Yankee Tim/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
My retreads were $330 for 4 shipped to the door. Very happy with them. And if you shread one, it's not like they cost a fortune.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Look around. I just snagged a nice deal last weekend. All the tires are 1/2 worn, 33x12.5x15, and 4 of them are mounted on jeep 8" rims. 2 of them are Swampers, 3 of them are mud terrains, and one is an off-brand mud terrain. I got all 6 tires and 4 jeep rims for $100. I may already have the non-Swampers sold for $100 as well, so that leaves me the Swampers and rims for free! Not as good as Max could probably do, but I'm working on it.

I'm also trading three 33x10.5x16 Swamper radials I picked up for $50 (one 1/2 worn, one 3/4 worn, one not inspectable) for 2 brand new 31x10.5x15 BFG AT KO's. Not a bad deal indeed.

Sorry to hear about the tires, I'm sure something will pop up though. I think Tim has the right idea, the Swampers, while an awesome off-road tire, may not be the best tire for a lightweight Zuki, and they probably wouldn't perform as well as the retreads.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yankee tim you mean that hi tec or whatever retread company supplys the tyres, retreads them and shipps them to you? i thought you had to send them the tyres or somthing so they retread.. anton

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hope you canceled that check you sent!

$740 for 4 swampers doesnt sound like a deal. You can get them new from http://www.4wheelparts.com for $540 +shipping (whatever that is). Unless you are talking Canadian dollars.

Lonny - Redmond, WA
87' Stomper, 1.6 EFI, SOA, Missing Links, Z-bar Eliminator, 5.125RP, 4.16TC, lockers, bead locks and 33" Boggers
http://www.mystomper.com

G

·
ANTON,
I HAVE 4 31 X 12.5 BOGGERS AND A 31 X 10.5 SPARE TSL THAT IM THINKING ABOUT SELL. THE SPARE IS B/N AND THE BOGGERS HAVE LESS THAN 600 MILES. IM ASKING $550.00 IF I SELL THEM. IT DEPENDS IF I GET THESE OTHER TIRES I WANT FOR THE ZUK.

89 2D XJ, 9+" OF LIFT, LOCKED F&R, 4.56, 4.1 LR, 38 X 12.5 TSLs AND TO MANY OTHERS TO LIST !!

I LIKE IT DIRTY,
XJ89XJ

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
That's right Anton. $65/tire and you do nothing more then call them. Mine are Yokohama Mud Digger casings, but they vary. Just make sure to ask for matching casings. I was just a little to early, or I could have had my recaps on BFG MT casings.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah that 745 is canada dollars.
with the retreaded tyres, will they use prevousley repaired tyres, or what if there worn on the sidewall or somthing?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.