Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a question about buying a new Diesel pickup? Is your current one gutless and you want to put some Umph in it? Or do you already have the perfect Diesel power, and you want to share it?

Here's your home~

We'll be posting key ORC Diesel features, but this is mostly about you guys and what you have to say. Questions, comments, tech tips - heck, post where you are finding the best price on fuel! God knows we could all use help with that, coast to coast.

Enjoy.

· Registered
6,042 Posts
haha

Several reasons I would guess.

1. Diesel engines offroad, while capable of high HP and torque, are heavy. Weight can be a real detriment depending on the application

2. More specialized diesel performance sites and brand specific sites have grown to be information havens. Those draw a wide range of customers/viewers from your regular daily drivers to hard core gear heads. ORC is offroad oriented so unless one is into offroading, 4wheeling, 4x4ing etc, they may not be inclined to join the forum.

· Registered
4,199 Posts
okay ill play

my truck is a 02 5.9 cummins its a quad cab dualy. 190k on the ticker. runs pretty good. Im running a BHAF filter inplace of the factory aribox.

a garage fabbed 4" exhaust

did alittle spring tuneing on the waste gate to keep closed longer ive got 25lbs of boost at about 2100rpm make just smidge more boost then 25 while towing. plumbed the boost into the intake horn

heres the spring holding the waste gait shut.

pressure gauge on a custom made bracket didnt drill or ad a single hole in the dash to do this.

it runs pretty good but still feels gutless but it i do ask alot from it at times.

next on the list of must have is pyro gauge. ill tap it in the exhaust manifold ahead of the turbo then last thing is programmer and im done

· Registered
6,042 Posts
Oh I so need some gauges. After I get the front end sorted though. I've got a leveling kit on the front that needs an adjustable track bar. I'm also going to upgrade the entire 06 steering to the 09 version. See if I can head off death wobble and correct the bump steer.

I've got an Aero 4040xl 4" put in place of the stocker. But thats about it as far as mods go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.