Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a lot but may do one on my Cj-5 this summer? I have a 2.5 spring under on it now how much lift will I gain if I use these same springs? what else do I need to do? move the spring perches..etc..etc.. where can I get detailed info / pictures for a step by step ..so I do this right.. I want to run 35 0r 38s .. SEMPER FI

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I don't know of anywhere to get step by step directions but I've done it and I'm happy to help. What do you use your Jeep for? Rockcrawling, hard core balls to the wall rockcrawling, mud, daily driving, occasional run to work when your tow rig breaks? All these factors will affect the way it's done. Also whats your drive train, budget, and fabrication skills. All these affect the best way to go about it. Let me know and I'll be glad to help. Happy Jeepin'
Travis

Inquire about my witty original saying contest/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ed, a SOA setup with stock springs tends to yield about 5" of lift, plenty for 35's. Add 2.5" to that and you have alot of lift combined with a real short wheelbase. If you truck serves much duty on the street you may want to re-consider the SOA setup in favor of say the new skyjacker mono-leaf lift. I think
they advertise it as a 6" lift or SOA alternative. Some will say the SOA is cheaper than a conventonal spring lift but from what I've seen the cost is about the same just the expense encured in differnt places. Good luck on your project which ever way you choose to go.

http://www.geocities.com/austnjpr/

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
hey there taco...
Elusive and i are doing a spring over to his and mine.. they are 7's sorta.. he has 4" springs and i am using stock yj springs.. will be posted on my web site some time next week..
later
and
semper fi

~~Elusive~~
it's sort of still a cj thingy....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Gents :: will ck out your sites and work that you have done I guss i posted this at the right time spring is in the air..I lifted my 88 sub last week and it kicks more ass than a 3 legged ninja now.. TACO ED OUT... oh yeah Ive spent some time at Lejune, the stumps , Panama, Saudi, Pendelton,Bragg, Benning,& a few odds & ends.. 0311/0321/8652/0369/ Be safe devil dog! Its easy to be Hard & Hard to be smart.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.