Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, the unthinkable has happened... Yup, my 6 year long flawless driving record has been marred by some a-hole cop... I've never been pulled over even once for anything nor ever suspected of everything. So today when I was accidentally doing 55 in a 45 (that was very poorly marked as a 45) I got pulled over. I was very polite to the guy. He claimed I was doing 63. He was gracious enough to write me up for 55 in a 45 but I mean 6 frickin' years of driving with no prior times of being pulled over, etc I think that deserves a warning as a first frickin' offense... That [email protected]#%d... /wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif I'm a better driver than him anyway.. To add insult to the ticket the freak pulled a U turn before he pulled me over (without his flashers on, which is a dangerous maneuver) and he did the same damn thing after he got done, plus he failed to use his turn signal... Don't these a-holes have to answer to the frickin' law themselves??? I was going to request that he give me his ticket book so I could write him up for a few moving violations, but I didn't want to get some sort of felony charges against me... /wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif

Tim "Sandman"

ORC Land Use columnist:
My May Column

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
lol, guess your run of good luck with the law has just ended.

Ive been driveing 3 years and I couldnt count on two hands how may times Ive been pulled over, only got one ticket but It was for not haveing my proof of insurance in the vehicle, I did have the insurance though so they dropped it.

so my records still crystal clear

sorry thats gota bite 6 years

IF ITS GOT WHEELS OR A SKIRT YOU CANT AFFORD IT

G

·
well you've gotten away with it long enough anyway, so now just make sure it doesn't stick to your record, and go peel off some rubber in front of the piggly wiggly, they always love that. and remember practice makes perfect.

Will work for mods
Current mods--> 31x10.5x15 ProComp MT, 15x8 AR767 rims, K&N, MSD Ignition Coil.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Shootist. 22 Years Eh? What Rank are you? 1SG, SFC? I am only a lowly SGT, but still a 63 CMF, b that is.

88 crewcab w/38's. For sale.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Sorry to hear that man! I should have been the one to receive the ticket! Yesterday I was returning from a Motorcycle trip and I got passed by some dude in a New Porsche Carrera C4, I was doing about 95 and this guy blows by me! Well being the nice sportbike rider I am, I had to play so I dropped it into 3rd and took off, in a couple of seconds I blew by him at about 130, and then just over a hill I spotted Mr. Lawman, luckily he did not radar us, and we were able to slow down in time! Well shortly after that the Porsche passes me again and takes off, and so did I! A few seconds later I blow by him at around an indicated 160 and see a rather sharp turn coming up, I took the turn at about 115, thinking the Porsche could easily take it at that well, he slowed down real quick! HA,HA I Win!! My $7000 bike kicked a $100,000 cars ass!!!

I know this has nothing to do with off roading but I did see a nice 4x4 along the way!

Disclaimer:
The above incident took place on a closed course, and performed by professional riders. Absolutely no text from this article may be used against the author in any way shape or form. Do not try this at home!

Any way thought you might enjoy this!! But I have had my share of BIG tickets before!!

1995 K1500 3"Suspension 3" Body Lifts 35x12.5x15's pro comp MT's on 15x8 Rockcrawlers 5.7L

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
The big tickets are the ones that really suck. I had a 94 in a 55 I got on my Ninja when I was 19. Lucky for me it only cost 185 bucks and no jail time/liscence suspension/bike impound or any other nasty things.

88 crewcab w/38's. For sale.

G

·
damn man, only $185 for 94mph??? when i was 17 (in my red monte carlo ss!) a highway patrolman caught me at 78 in a 55 and it cost me $188 plus going to traffic school. first time i had gotten pulled over too! luckily thats my only ticket though. i know all the cops around my town but this was over in the next town. they can be dicks sometimes though - i know a girl who got a ticket for 32 in a 30 zone!! i woulda done something to go to jail if a cop tried that with me. anyways - i too should have way more tix but ive gotten lucky. sorry bout no more perfect record tim!

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 - 350TBI/700R4/NP241 - 3" lift - 33's

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
chev,
what kinda bike doy you ride yamaha I hope R6 or R1, those things fly literally, I worked at yamaha shop were Id go test ride them after I did service work, and I just couldnt go with traffic the bikes wouldnt let me. the fastes Ive gone was 130 and that was just crusen through the gears, and tears running down my face and my heart pounding

IF ITS GOT WHEELS OR A SKIRT YOU CANT AFFORD IT

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
That sucks man...same kinda thing happened to me last November...speed liomit was 60, but I was following a guy going 70-72 maybe. I saw a cop, slowed dow nto about 65, he pulls me over and wrote a ticket for 81...went to first appearance for it today, my court date is THIS November..Damn, Dallas is slow...spelled my name wrong though...hell the speed is wrong too, thats why I'm pleading not guilty.....anyway...

90K5

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I think I have ya all beat/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Im a exellent driver but sometimes I do some stupid stuff just to impress the ladies/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif. Anyway, back in my first year of College when the 92 Sport was still at stock height me and my buddy were out cruzing the main drag in town checking out all the other cars and nice trucks that were out on the Saturday evening. Anyway, this P.O.S Tempo pulls up beside us and says "wanna race???" I was like nope and just sat at the lights as this damn Temp tried to lay a patch across the intersection. Anyway, at the next lights I relized that were to really nice look girls in the back. Anyway, at the next lights the guy says wanna race again??? I again say no and he still lays a patch across the intersection(3' long if that!!!) So then at the next lights I was talking to these girls and my budy says."Why don't you just so them once what a real truck can do!!!!" So then the guy looks at me and revs up his car and I nod and rev the hell out of mine(its a 5-speed by the way). I have to say here right now that I wasn't in anyway racing!!! or wanting too!!! so when the light turned green I laid one hellofa patch across the intersection and as soon as I was across I started slowing down and the Tempo was already about 200 feet a head of me. The speed limit was 50Kms and I hadn't even gone over 30. SO we get up to the lights and are stopped and I look in the rear view mirron and here there are 4 dam cop cars with there lights on behind us. The one cop comes up to me and says "Nice Patch Man!!!!" then asks if I know why they pulled me over. I said ya, your giving me a noise voilation ($100). He just laughed and said....You wish buddy, you just got your self a Racing Charge!!!

Turns out it was a $1800 Charge, 6 dimaret points (Im not sure what you guys have for points in the states but 6 is the most you can lose at once up here!!!!) My insurance would have gone up from $2600 a year to over $8000. Anyway, in my mind there was no way I was racing to I took it to court and managed to get the charged dropped to a 2point speeding ticket and a $130 fine. It cost me $750 to go to court though but it was well worth it and I found out later that the reason I won was because the guy in the Tempo pleaded guilty and said that he was way a head of me and there was no way I went over the speed limit. Talk about a nice guy for saving my A$$ just sucks that he took the nice fine/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

How can top that???I have more stories to but that will take up to much time!!!!

Ryan

93 GMC Yukon
Chevy SuperStock 4x4 Truck Puller
Great Lakes Truck & Tractor Pulling Association
http://www.greatlakespull.com

G

·
This one might be a contender...

Back when I was a little more dumb and stupid, I did some things that I shake my head about now.

I use to date a girl that did karaoke in a couple different bars. She was 21 at the time, I was 20, but we got free drinks all the time without being hassled for our ID's. Anyway, one night a couple friends came with me and we all drank a couple pitchers (each), did some shots, basically got way too drunk. We all decided to leave and go to one of my friend's houses and as we only had about 5 miles to go I decided to drive (didn't want to leave my brand new GMC - 2 weeks old - in the bar parking lot over night). I was the last one to leave. Made it to the first stop light, flashing red at that time, saw a cop coming from the opposite direction SO I made sure I stopped before going. He swung a U and pulled me over. I rolled down the window and waited, expecting a ride to jail and 5 years of payments on a truck that I would no longer own (seizure law). When he came to the window, he said something like "I'm not even going to ask where you've been!" He looked at my license, registration, proof of insurance, then handed it back and said exactly this… "Tonight's you're lucky night. I just got an emergency call I have to roll on. Pull up into the parking lot here and wait 5 minutes - I'LL BE BACK!" I never said a single word. I pulled off the side street and into the parking lot, opened the door and got sick, then passed out. I woke up in the a.m. with the sun shining through the windshield and about 100 degrees in the cab. No police, no ticket, no note/warning, no nothing. I learned a lot that night and won't ever let it happen again.

I like animals. They taste good. /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
Luck deals us all very different cards from time to time. I was 17 years old and got pulled over at the beach by a rental cop who said I cut off a bus was speeding and driving dangerously...truth be told I left a stop light with a slight tire chirp, I recall passing a bus, not cutting one off, but I was infact trying to race an Eclispe in my car. Well the officer gave me 5 points and a $360 fine for wreckless driving. I decided to go to court though and the judge reduce my fine to 115 and the court cost to 15 and put me on probation before judgement so I had to be good for a year and not get pulled over of I would have all the points and fine + whatever I got pulled for then. Man I drive like a grandma the last day of my probabtion year. Now that I have my truck I try to drive calmer anyway since around here they like to give work orders for exhaust not being legal and then you have to fix it and get it inspected. Some cops here don't like lifts and exhaust, but yet the other day a guy I know who just put a 6-inch Pro comp lift & 35's on his 98 Chevy got pulled for speeding and the cop just gave him a warning and let him go...lets see for violations he is over the bumper height limit, he has too dark of tint on his windows, and straight pipe exhaust with no mufflers...and he gets a warning. It all depends on the cop!

- Rick -
98' GMC X-Cab Z-71 w/ 2" Body Lift, 33 x 12.50 BFG MT's on 15 x 8 Eagle 054 Gambler Rims, Custom exhaust & stereo.

G

·
Hey you guys if you have a problem with a cop you can always go to internal affairs,which is for any thing a cop does wrong not just for major stuff.It probably won't get you out of the ticket but it will give him some grief he will have to answer for his actions.

G

·
I have been very lucky, I have really never been hasseled by cops. In 20 years of driving, I have one ticket for 40 in a 25 zone, back when I was 19. I got one warning in my old Chevy for not having mudflaps, and have been followed home from the bar many times, and I was to drunk and shoulden't have been driving. Very stupid, but very lucky, followed all the way to my parking lot a couple of times. I gat pulled over for doing better than 60 in a 35 MPH zone that was also a school zone a couple of years ago. Had a very nice 74 TransAm with close to 450 horsepower, for some reason the cop let me go, he really liked my car though. Not all cops are bad guys, most are pretty decent if you just give them a little respect.

Ray

·
Registered
825 Posts
TIM!!! After 6 years?? You were due, man! Sorry to hear about it, tho.

I got a little story, too. When I was 17, I did a burn-out in the drive-thru at Mickey D's. A cop was across the street and pulled in with lights flashing and stuff. Gets out, asked if that was me, and I said "uh, yeah" and then he starts giving me a lecture about exhibition of speed and all that crap. So, I asked "Are you a rookey, or what?" -- then he started writin'/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif. He actually wrote me up for disturbing the peace (cause it was after 10pm) which just happens to be a penal code violation, not a traffic violation/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif. I had to go to court! Cost me the max, which at the time was $189.00. Another time, I got a ticket for going 75 in a 35 (just got a new motor in my El Camino/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif). That one almost cost me my license/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif.

Cheryle

You never really learn to swear, until you learn to drive!!!

G

·
I was not so lucky a few months ago. My employer set me up with my very own cell phone(sarcasm intentional). Anyway, the damn thing would go off all the time waking me up in the middle of the night for things that I had nothing to do with but do I turn it off? No. Being the good diligent little worker bee that I am I keep it on. One morning it wakes me up around dawn, I answer it and it's a real call this time. So I hurry up, get in my truck and scoot on over to work. I get pulled over for speeding/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif

/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gifSomebody once said "Go Big" . . . Well we're goin' Full Size/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
damn...all those stories sound pretty bad...i got a pretty stupid story, when i had my older chevy, it was a 1981 1/2 ton with a 4" lift and 33" tires, it had headers and dual exhaust, turbo 400 tranny, etc. it was a pretty fast truck. that was my first truck and i got it the summer after i turned 16. i didnt really care much about it cuz you know its your first truck and you wanna rally it. anyways about my story we had a family picnic out at this place we call the rock quarry. me and my friend were kinda gettin sick of sittin around with the fam so we took off and drove down all these old logging roads, toked a little, and then went to this big pond, shot at a few ducks and took off. i was driving pretty fast down those tight little roads, i had the stereo cranked up to coal chamber and we were all just bein stupid and yelling and screamin the lyrics when all of a sudden a catastrophe or whatever happened. my hood somehow unlatched and i was driving blind and ran into this big pile of sticks. it scared the [censored] out of us. i still wonder to this day how that hood unlatched. i figurred it was from all the ratling around and pounding from goin down all those roads, i ended up tying rope from one corner of the bumper to the other to hold the damn thing down....anyway....i was pretty worked up about what happened so i drove slow the rest of the way. when we got to the clearin and to the main road, my everyday thing, i would drop the pedal and leave a big ol rainbow out of the road and go on down the highway, but this time i swung around to far and slid sideways into this burm that a tractor made from grating and i rolled my truck. i knew i was in deep doo-doo. my family was driving home and saw my truck on the side of the road flipped upside down and me sitting ther with my thumb up my ass....talk about a ****ty day...well...thats one of my horror stories...

If it ain't tight, it ain't right.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Okay, buddy of mine takes the cake. This is in Middleville, Michigan about 6 years ago. He has had his 1973 AMC Javelin AMX 360 with slapshift tranny/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif for about 3 months. Booking along on M-37 heading south into Middleville. Does a slight turn to get onto a road that goes off on a 20 degree angle. Told me he was doing 80 at this point. Says screw it, because it is a long straight road, some hills, but all long and straight. Just mashes down on the pedal. Says he hit 145 mph /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif as he crested a hill. Right at the bottom of the hill was a Middleville Police cruiser./wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif He shoots by they cop and is pondering stopping or keeping on going. Decides after about a mile to pull over. Cop's first statement is, "Why'd you stop? I'd have never caught up with you!" Well, Cop writes him a whole slew of tickets, and calls his parents and has them come pick up the car.
He didn't drive for a year and ended up paying close to $2000. His rates only now have dropped down to anywhere near normal levels.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350, 4L60, Rancho 2" lift, 285/75R16 AT's, K&N, Flowmaster, MSD stuff/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.