Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't post much....I mostly hang out here and just read alot, trying to convince myself to like my truck, and alot of what people say is funny. I have a 1996 Hardbody Pickup XE 4x4, and I can't seem to do it. All I know is this........: I've owned my truck for a while. It has 80,000 miles and gets an oil change EVERY 3,000 miles. I treat it like my baby. I take extremely good care of it. It is a piece of $#[email protected] . All I do is fix it. I don't know whether I just got a lemon or what. The timing chain, starter, alternator, you name it.....I've fixed it. And guess what else.....My engine rod started knocking. What a piece!!! I keep trying to convince myself that I like it, but I don't My truck officially sucks @$$ . It has effed me numerous times. So, tomorrow I am going to the trading place to try to trade my piece for a real truck. One that doesn't break it off in me dry all the time. Now, you may say that those things could be fixed, but I'm 17 and in college......Cash is limited. I need something that runs. So on a final note, Farewell.......Good-bye.........And whatever else.

If you love something, set it free.
If it comes back, it was meant to be.
If it doesn't, HUNT IT DOWN AND KILL IT!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm 19 and going to college, I've got an '87 4x4 with a massive 2.4L Motor. My truck has well over 130,000 miles and i've never had any problems. Never changed the timing nor anything else really. I did put a power steering system on it but thats cause I hated manuel steering. For myself my truck has been great, no engine problems or Transmission problems. Sorry your ride has given u problems. Hope if u fix her she runs great or if u sell her your next truck will do better.

KXT

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like I said, I must have just got a lemon....Oh yeah, I forgot the oil pump and now oil is leaking out of my Wheel bearing or something under there that deals with 4wd. I probably won't get 100 bucks out of it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll give you 200 for it!!! :)

Thanatoz
Jee·ple (Jëp´pêl), n., -ples. 1. any of several ruminant mammals, esp. of genus Ignoramus, which purchase and drive Jeeps. see also sheeple.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went to the car tradin' places today and guess what. I drove back home in the same ride as I left in. They wouldn't give me enough trade-in to pay for what I still owe on it......Heck, they won't give me enough for it to fix it. They pretty much told me it was a piece......Duh!!!!!!!!!!11

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I might take you up on that 200 offer......Give me a little while.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BWWWWAAAAAAAHAHAhAhAHAHA!!
Glad to see that I'm not the only one to be blessed with a bastard dependent! I too am the proud owner of a bona-fide terd! I think I have either repaired or replaced EVERY component on my '86 720 at one time or another. Every time I have taken it on vacation, it has broken down in some way or another. Perhaps I should count my blessings because it has never left me stranded(though DAMN CLOSE), but that may be more due to the fact that I carry a half of a craftsman tool center, and a buttload of spare parts whenever I travel in this thing. I've probably spent 3 or 4 times the purchase price of the entire truck just in repairs. Come to think of it, I gotta go kick my truck now,
--see ya

MILDOT

NISSAN IFS SUCKS

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sweet....a fellow turd owner. Well, I've decided that I'm tired of fixing it. I'm just gonna drive it til the engine falls out. I don't really care anymore.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well mildot I have seen your pictures jumping your truck and heard your stories about reindexing your torsion bars at night in the middle of the desert, so I know why your truck acts the way it does. Loose screw you have a lemon. I'd bet if you bought another nissan that wasn't built friday at closing time it would run great. I personally work the guts out of my truck from pulling 10000 lb trailers to off-roading and have no complaints. Whatever you buy I hope it works out better for you.

Harvenger /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif 93 Nissan Xcab 4wd V-6 165,000 miles
93 Pathfinder 4wd V-6 78,000 miles

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
don't fret the knocking it's most likely just your exhaust manifold starting to leak. We all know how that goes, the bolts get old and break of and it sounds like a drumer-boy banging on his snare. If the leak is coming from your CV boot, there a bitch to replace if you don't have air tools; If it's the ball joints, a little less a bitch; and if it's your transfer case, I haven't seen one that doesn't look wet on the outside. So don't get too down, I submerged my pathfinder and replaced replaced a lot of things due to failure, so don't give up. As for all those guys talking engine swap, I like the idea of a 300 turbo!, as long as the steering box doesn't have to be relocated to make room for the turbocharger. Panel filter, turbo and snorkel sound good to me.

GO TO www.geocities.com/jpnismo NOW!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
-----True, I DO beat the snot out of my truck, but it was a money pit LONG before my current behavior manifested itself (THE TRUCK STARTED IT FIRST!!). My current vehicular abuse is more a function of intended retribution for years of headaches, bloody knuckles, and empty bank accounts-----I'M TRYING TO BEAT MY MONEY'S WORTH OUT OF MY TRUCK!! In retrospect, the vast majority of the breakages and failures I've had with this truck were back when I used to baby it (and foolishly thought that it would break down less by doing so). As it stands, however, I am in the same boat as you loosescrews, in that I'll probably be keeping my truck for awhile (I wouldn't get 1/10 of what I've spent out of it). Oh well, time to go kick my truck again,

The Mighty MILDOT

P.S.-Damn--the more I think about it, the truck really has been running alot better since I started abusing it in earnest;-)

NISSAN IFS SUCKS

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have the same truck and not a single problem never had to replace a damn thing. I think you have a lemon. there is a lemon law you know. oh well hope you get it fixed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts