Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the little things count FIX \'EM

well this post won't shed any great light on the questions we all have as jeep enthusiasts, but it will make me feel better. the little repairs were keeping me from enjoying my new toy (83 CJ) after having rescued it and reassembled it. it spent 4 long months in two different paint shops because they make more on a fender job than a repaint.
anywhoo... there are still plenty of bugs to work out, unfortunately the seat bracket broke a few weeks back and studying for the bar was a good reason to put off repairs. then the sun came out in south louisiana. put in a new used seat bracket and new used pax seat. installed the bolts for the rear seat, i could not find the two minutes it took to do it previously. removed the hard top and hard doors, installed a new used rail for the NEW Kayline bikini top (don't laugh it was $22). installed new seat belts in my buddy's CJ, his wife is pregnant so these things matter. repositioned the rear speakers to the wheel wells at the roll bar. installed a new used glove box latch and removed the string that was holding it closed (by the way the paint shop lost the old latch). adjusted the shift bands on the auto tranny to get some power to the ground. added the missing nut on the muffler clamp to quiet her down and for good measure installed another hangar bracket, cause one was missing. and finished off today by putting on a BRAND NEW rancho steering stabilizer that magically cured my wandering steering problem that had been plagueing me since i bought the big beast. well that's about it except for 14 gallons of gas yesterday. boy i gotta fix that gas guage.
so thank's for listening and thanks for all the valuable info this board has provided since last october when i discovered it. that's gonna have to do til after the bar exam, then the TR upgrade and the Nutter bypass.
ok here's one from me....
did you know that a lug nut is the same size and thread as the nuts on your front sway bar (at least for a CJ) i did but that's another story!!!
the little things count so fix 'em, it'll make you feel good
bob

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif 83 CJ-7 /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif IF YOU AREN'T LIVIN' ON THE EDGE YOU'RE TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM!

Quitcher Whinin' /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
13,432 Posts
Re: the little things count FIX \'EM

Vampire? Mark Twain once said: "In a small town where there is one lawyer the lawyer starves. In a town with two lawyers...they both get rich." With a moniker like "Vampire" I'd say you plan on moving into a town with at least one other lawyer!

My Eldest Daughter says lawyers are evil but attorneys are good. I hope you turn out to be an attorney.

But you're correct... the devil's in the details. The worst part of the whole delima is that we KNOW all the places we need to fix. But all too often the squeeky wheel get's the grease and the heck with the rest.

I've got in the habit of keeping a small database of "Things" that need doing on the Jeep. If I don't get around to it for a month or two I can still have my mind refreshed. It's kind of like my own private build list.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: the little things count FIX \'EM

hi LEVE
good to hear from you again. you and many others have helped me out on this board and i have tried to do the same in my own little way.
tell your daughter not to worry, i plan on being an attorney. it was once a good and noble profession, like the military, where the "vampire" comes from. seems people find out you enjoy flying around in the pitch black and they start to call you names.

funny coincidence though: do you know where vampires learn to suck blood? LAW SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!
i got a million of them

ok i know it ain't a chat room. thanx again
bob

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif 83 CJ-7 /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif IF YOU AREN'T LIVIN' ON THE EDGE YOU'RE TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM!

Quitcher Whinin' /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts