Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thanks to dave and everyone else for the help getting a non-computor GM HEI built-up, installed and working correctly in my V-6. (pretty cheaply i might add)

Now i'm thinking about a "Junk Yard" GM thtottle body fuel injection system.
but i need to educate myself alittle first so i know what questions to ask.

3/4tonYJ
My Jeep Page

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it's a chevy 4.3 litre,
my not thought through plan is to use common GM parts and keep it simple and dependable (not looking for a high performance setup) also i want to kind of put it together myself, so i (hopefully) will know how it works and be able to fix it also/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

i would like the Sequential port injection that came on them but it cost more than i will want to spend

3/4tonYJ
My Jeep Page

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well......this is the first project i've done since i purchased my digital camera and made my homepage that i didn't really document.

i might do a write-up after i get my computor working again, (my better half messed up our microsoft internet explorer good), i'm using Netscape right now and i can't really edit my homepage with it.

3/4tonYJ
My Jeep Page

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Glad to hear back. I like knowing how things turn out. I would suggest a TBI system from the late 80's 4.3. Most commom headache for a reto fit TBI system is the wiring harness. If you can figure out how to make a 12 volt DC light work, then getting a TBI wired is just as easy. Only trick is keep track of the color codes of the wiring harness and which EFI component the color code is for.
dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.