Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GOOD IDEA ,FOR THE HEAT STOVE, THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM GOING TO DO. AS FOR THE ACCELERATOR PUMP, I THINK THE HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT IS IN THE VICINITY OF 0.500 INCHES.ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS SETTING.OR TIPS ON EASY ADJUSTMENT ON THIS.THANKS FOR ANY INFO.
TOMMYBEAR
86 CJ ON 295'S(AND 3.31 GEARS THAT HAVE GOT TO GO)

· Registered
6,355 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif I can't help you on the height adjustment spec....My book shows HOW to adjust it, but doesn't say HOW MUCH! Personally, I feel great sympathy for Jeep owners with BBD carbs.....that are, to say the least, challenging. In '57 my dad bought a two-year old Ford F-600 truck. It had the Holly Centri-flo carb on it, and it WOULD NOT IDLE worth a crap. We did everything imaginable, including put a brand new carb on.....still was blubbery ans rough at idle...and to make matters worse, it was a 6 volt, and when it would quit running, it was nearly impossible to restart because of heat soak. One day I went to a junk yard and unbolted a greasy Rochester two-bbl off an Olds and set it on the Ford. END of problem, instantly! My dad hated Holly carbs because of that experience and I have to admit I am still suspicious of them. CARTER carbs, however, never gave any trouble till they tried to make them do too much like the BBD./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.