Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a new filter and gasket on a TH400 in a J10 and now it only goes in first and reverse. It worked fine before. It goes into first but when it tries to shift it just goes into nuetral till the RPMs and speed comes down.

HELP!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It sounds like your vacuum line is off...on the pass. side of the TH400 there is a vacuum actuator...check and make sure that the small vacuum line is plugged into that. Then make sure that is plugged into the intake manifold.

Let us know...

Tucker

·
Official Historian
8,339 Posts
Could also be low on fluid. One evening I was driving and the trans downshifted to second and wouldn't upshift. Then it shifted to first and wouldn't upshift. I pulled into the nearest gas station and found out one of my cooler lines had come off and I was loosing fluid. When you changed your fluid, it's possible that you didn't get it all the way refilled.

79/CJ-7/AMC360/TH400/Q-TRAC/d30/d44/33's/RS9000s/Herculiner/Pro-jection 2D/MSD/4.10s/lockrights

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.