Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting the edelbrock performer package on my 304,(intake, 600 cfm carb, cam) and headers, will my tf999 hold up?

man i love my jeep

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
It will handle the power fine. You didn't mention what size tires/gears you have so this is a vague answer. But if you are running 33's or less and 3.31's or better for gears then you aren't working the trans too hard. Get a cooler (if you don't have one) and keep the fluid changed on a regular basis and this trans will serve you well.

Mike H.
1983 CJ-7 Laredo, Almost ready for paint.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If its worth anything, Ive got a buddy.. Tony Carricaburu, who writes the tech articles for off road.com's jeep section.. his jeep is runnin 38.5" swampers, with 4.10 (soon to be 5.13) gears, a 4.2 with a 4.0 head and mopar efi.. and his swapped in 999 is holding up just fine.. I say go for it...
Scott <><

89 yj sahara with trail stuff, 6" of lift, 35x12.50 BFG MT's on 15x8 AR 767's! http://www.Sonsofthunder4x4.com

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
My poor 999 did hold up fine until it got its 3rd internal mud/water bath. Actually it still worked fine after the 3rd flushing but i had it rebuilt and the vent relocated some time after that. I got tired of flushing it.

Can someone please bring me a hammer my 33's just ate my fender again. Damn i need more lift.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.