Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Within the first 5 mins of driving it the temp went up to about ¾ way to HOT. On both occasions I just pushed the clutch in and let it back out and the temp began to immediately drop to normally temperature. Also when I start it I can smell antifreeze. Changed the water pump, thermostat only thing I could think is one of the belts is slipping or going bad?? Seems to do this after the truck has had time to totally cool off and when it first begins to heat up, it just keeps going up. Whatever it is go ahead and fix it as long as its not gonna cause me an arm and a leg! Only got 1 arm and leg left cant afford anymore to be taken off!!!! The motor was replaced with a reman motor when the water pump and thermostat were installed. Anyone got any ideas what could be causing either of these, the temp to go up, or the smell of coolant when started, seeming to come from the exhaust. Thanks

RJ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hate to say it but it sounds like a blown head gasket. Take your radiator cap off (with the engine cold), crank the engine and see if there is air bubbles , if there is, it'll be exaust. Thats an indication that your headgasket is blown.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can this also show a sign if it is not the head gasket but yet a cracked head? Thanks.

RJ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts