Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
No problem at all!
All I ask is you call it the TeamRush upgrade...
The stuff isn't copyrighted or trade marked, and besides, you aren't displaying it for profit...
Just keep it updated with part numbers as people post them, and watch for the new I-6 upgrade article when I get around to finishing it.

Want some pictures? I have pictures, and several guys on the board have offered pictures...
(They may be better photographers than I am.../wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif)

You should probably list it as an ignition upgrade article. It includes a lot of upgrades besides the TFI coil...

If you want it, I'll send you the alternator upgrade stuff too...

I don't know how much room you server will let you have...

Good job!

Later dude, Aaron.

If Chris Columbus "Discovered" America (with 25 million already here), Can I Go "Discover" Florida?

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif I think AustinJPR should be put in the federal slam./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CJDave with the C*#ton administration, a federal slammer may be nicer than my home is now. free room, free meals, video games, television, golf, swimming........you get the picture.......no deterents for crime if you ask me.

http://www.geocities.com/austnjpr/

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
I was going to ask to do the same thing myself.
Judge Rush doesn't mind , if I could only get past officer Dave./wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif
TeamRush I will give credit where it is due.(you)...(many thanks for the too easy upgrade)
Aaron , how much does it cost to send a keg? (state lines/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gifwhat do you drink/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif)

I knew everything when I was 16......How come I'm so stupid now?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aaron, I too have posted the instruction on my web site and am watching the hits fly. I answered 40 emails today alone. This is a record in my corner of the web!
You certainly will get all the credit!
Thanks again
Mizu

Visit my web site at My Jeep Site

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
Thank you gentlemen, I appreciate that !
Be sure to post web site links when someone asks!
This ain't parts mike, we want people to have the info to make up their own minds, and be able to afford shoes for their kids!

Thanks again, Aaron.

If Chris Columbus "Discovered" America (with 25 million already here), Can I Go "Discover" Florida?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have questioned PM about his biased insight, no answer yet. i just dont understand, the reasons he gave are bogus, and he provided no backup to his claims.

dan
NECESSITY IS THE MOTHER OF INVENTION
/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gifLET IT SNOW/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It appears that Aaron has made a dent in PM's profit margin! My guess comes from the fact that he e-mailed me complaining that I was too "generous" with offering other URL's when someone has a question. The only URL's that I have offered recently are one to Jeeptech.com for T18 gear ratio info and to Mizu for TR's ignition upgrade on this site. First appearances are that PM's site is to help the newbie and I can understand the need to support it financially, but it seems to me like PM has gotten greedy! Remember people that knowledge is power and now we all know better than to believe such a biased site.

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
I have NO cash stake in this one way or another.
I will try to help if you have Motorcraft, GM HEI, Points, Prestolite or what ever.
You have seen that if you have been on the BBS very long...

You should be able to tell by now that I have a strong background in engineering, electronics, and performance automotive.
Like someone said a while back about Jacobs, I'm not afraid to use it.

I also grew up in a VERY poor family, so I've had to make due most of my life. I am smart enough to know an opportunity when I see it!
The Ford upgrade stuff was a wonderful opportunity, and I took it. (Looks like several others are also...)
I expect a quality product at a reasonable price, and I give the same.
This cost you nothing but time, and in this case, time learning saved you a bucket load of money and aggravation, not to mention you are still smog legal! A BIG plus for a lot of you...

I can't blame parts mike too much, except for the dishonesty.
Running a dedicated web site is VERY expensive, and the only way for a small time guy to do it with sponsorship.
If he don't get the links out, he don't get PAID!
He may be letting the money and sponsor pressures get to him though from the sound of it...

Ignorance is one thing, but There is no excuse for dishonesty!
If you can't give the cold facts in a heads up comparison, you can't do an impartial evaluation.
If you are motivated by greed, even if your data is clean, it must be discarded as corrupt.

I have never once tried to pass my hand built ignition systems off as the be all and end all...
My stuff will run with the best of the big dogs, but there are several dozen shops that can do the exact same thing.
I'm nobody special, I'm just in the top 2% of what I do.
There are several shops that do what we do, but none of them have a 'parts mike'.
(If I were building winning NASCAR engines, I'd be in the top 0.01% of what I do. I'm a little more common than that)

We are still considering a web site with BBS for this Jeep stuff, and people are throwing ideas and pictures at me left and right!
(If ORC doesn't want it, by god, maybe some other sponsors will...)
You guys are a REALLY creative bunch!
About like NASCAR or Indy teams were in the 50's! You are just making stuff that has the potential for showing up on factory vehicles in the future...
(that is, if they want a REAL Jeep.../wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif)

Later guys, gotta roll, Aaron.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Aaron,
I hope I didn't make it sound like you were profiting from sharing your knowledge. Hopefully someone is close enough to you to buy you a beer or three. If you ever come to Denver make sure and let me know because I'll be glad to send a few frosties your way. That's what I like about this BBS. The only thing gained by any of us is the satisfaction that we hopefully helped someone out. I know that when I first bought my Jeep, I didn't know diddly-squat about it. My only experience was with small block Chevys. Unfortunately, this web-thing didn't exist yet and I spent a lot of time in the school of hard knocks learning about it. I did a lot of stuff twice or even three times trying to build my rig right. For that matter, I'm still trying and I'm still learning from this site. Keep it up everybody!

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
I didn't and you weren't!
I just wanted new folks to know I'm not selling anything, so my data is not corrupted.(or something like that...)

No harm, no foul.
(Don't sweat the little stuff, your wife/ girlfriend is just going to b*tch at you for it anyway, no sense both of you getting upset....)
---------------------------------

No one has bought me a beer yet, but I did get dinner out of a guy I helped just down the road the other night.
He's a sometime poster here, and contacted me through e-mail. Turns out he lives just down the road about a hour away, and the girlfriend and I were going that way for dinner anyway...
It was a pretty simple problem, but one beginners make...
He got a four hour lesson in ignitions, and I got stuffed mushrooms, prime rib and ice tea!
I definitely got the best of that deal!

I am expecting a keg any day..... /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.