Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Myself, like many others, have enjoyed your articles on the TFI upgrade. I converted mine about a week ago and it is truely
worth the cost. I still have a problem with a dead spot when I accelerate. It's not always present and other times it wants to almost
stall, pop, and then come alive again. It seems to happen around 1300 RPM and doesn't matter if the engine is hot or cold. I have
a rebuilt dist. I can't seem to figure it out. Any ideas?

·
Registered
6,784 Posts
Does it 'pop' down through the exhaust, or up through the carb?
If it blows down through the pipes, it is almost always ignition,
If it blows up through the carb, it's almost always carb...

If it's a 'dead' spot in acceleration, it is probably the accelerator pump.
If it does it when you have steady throttle at that rpm, it may be carb or ignition...

Does it go away or climb over it if you pump the throttle pedal? (More Accelerator pump)
Does it go away if you let out of the throttle a little bit and hold RPM around 1300? (Accelerator pump)

Around 1300 rpm is where your carb is transferring from idle circuits to main jet circuits...
It's also where your centrifugal advance should be in movement...
It's also where the vacuum advance should really be topping out...

You may have enough engine now to uncover other problems.

Give info on engine/ size/ carb/ trans when you post next, and will slap this alligator's butt too!

If Chris Columbus "Discovered" America (with 25 million already here), Can I Go "Discover" Florida?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.