Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arron I have just compleated the igniton upgrade you described in such detail and went all the way to the msd set up i cant beleave the difference it made in my Jeep. My hat is off to you for all the great info you dispensed and after all the work is done i even have a little money left over that i would like to donate to hospital as you requisted but for some reason when i did a search i could not find their sight listed so if you could list the sight of list the address for donations i will get a check off tomarrow. again thanks for all the great info and the time to explane it until we all understand.

· Registered
6,355 Posts
Re: TeamRush Hospital Donations

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif TeamRush will be back from a trip today....April 7, and I think ALL OF US that benefitted from the TR ignition upgrade should DO THE RIGHT THING and donate as soon as the address is posted. And donate in the TEAMRUSH name so they will know who the sparkplug(excuse the pun) is that got the donors' attention. Man....it's the LEAST we can do. If not for Aaron's willingness to share information, I would still be drooling over the DUI setups in the catalog, or scheming on making a GM HEI from scratch/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif Jeepchick and I just picked up a GM '80 Model 3/4Ton 4X4 350 and I'm even going to rework THAT HEI/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gifI used to think all that red dust in my GM HEI was "normal", but not any more!/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif transfer case team.

· Registered
115 Posts

Crane Electronics carries a capacitive discharge ignition system similar to the MSD ignition. It is called the HI-6. From looking at the Crane web site and the catalog it is connected just like MSD system with the same type of wire adapter. They also make a coil for the capacitive discharge ignition with the Ford TFI connection. This coil is a lot better looking I think.

So if you wont to do the Team Rush upgrade you have manufacture choices. Also from a previous post Holly makes a similar system.

Who has the better system of the three? I do not know. Maybe some body out there can fill this in?

Grant

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Arron Just a repost as this money is burning a hole in my pocket i have thought of lots of up grades to use it on but i cant think of a better place to send some money to if its not in my jeep thanks again

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

What is the cause and why? I know what RIley Hospital is and the good things they do but how does it pertain to you? Are you from Indiana?
Aaron

· Registered
6,784 Posts

I was born and raised in Indiana.
Riley treated my cousin when she had leukemia.
All treatment was free, the family never received a bill.
She died later in life from the leukemia, but Riley gave here another 15 years.

My neighbor had a house fire, two of the small children were burned over 25% of their bodies.
The children were treated for nothing in the state of the art pediatric burn facility.
The only one in the world dedicated just to children.
Both are recovering nicely, but even after two years, they still need several more skin grafts. Riley is taking care of it very well.
The family has never received a bill. They bill insurance companies, but the families never get billed.

I donate to the Riley hospital every year. I'd much rather the kids hospital got it than some fat senator from where ever...

Riley is one of the best childrens hospitals in the world. I think only the Shriners children hospital can compare with them.

If someone donates directly to the hospital, instead of some telemarketers service, 100% of the donation goes towards the operation of the hospital.
If one donates through a 'For The Children' service, as much as 98% of the donations can go to the promotion company... The average is about 80% to the service and 20% to the actual charity.
---------------------------------

Now that we are asking questions, why are you questioning my motives?
Several have offered to buy me beer and steaks. I said if you really want to give a little, why not to a worthy cause...
(instead of my waist line and cholesterol count!)
Now, why are you questioning me?... Is it because you are from Indiana also?

"I Have The Body Of A God... Buddha"

· Registered
6,355 Posts

/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif TR.....I remember a post about the Hospital, but many on this board may not have seen it. I didn't get the impression that it was a question of motive......more curiosity and wanting to know more./wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif After all, I think it's been well established that not a lot slips by you, and that alone raised a question in people's mind as to why THIS particular hospital passed the TR test./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif It's like the SAE stamp of approval, except this time it's on a charitable hospital. BTW.....I still don't have the address. It isn't on the site, and the telephone didn't seem to answer. I've called several times during prime Indiana time. I see where they are connected with Methodist Hospital....what a historic name THAT is. I can remember listening to the Indy 500 on the radio back in the early 50's and hearing them say that such-and-such driver was taken there after they crashed their Offy 270 powered roadster./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Methodist Hospital is like a built-in part of the Indy 500./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gifDid you know that statistically, fewer people leave Indiana than any other state in the union? Yep....you born there....you STAYS there!/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif transfer case team.

· Registered
6,784 Posts

I have my place in the Fla Keys, and when I actually retire, I plan to go there or points south...
(so I can lay around with no cloths on, drink daiquiris, and complain about the heat... much better to complain about the heat than to freeze to death!)

I took a lease option on some property in Costa Rica a couple of years ago...
Lots of retired Americans down there, good water treatment in the area I optioned, lots of scuba guys around...
With Dish TV I won't miss a thing that is going on here...
Your money goes Sooooooo much farther down there...
For what I pay in one quarter for personal income tax, I could have two year around full time servants...
(I don't need servants, it's just a comparison, so don't flame me...)

I'm in Indiana for a while yet, so I'm just tropical dreaming for now...

Later folks, Aaron.

· Registered
6,355 Posts

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif A regular Earnest Hemmingwayesque expatriot you'll be. I have friends in Guatemala and when we visit it is like going to another time slot as the whole society is based on servants and the vast difference between rich and well.....not rich. They pay 3.25 per day in factories, about half that on farms./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif It's good that you'll be in Indiana for a while....one of my "to do's" is to pester you personally at your shop someday./wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

CJDave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I was only asking because I used to work at the IU riley campus and wanted to know what I was donating my money to.
Thanks,
Aaron

· Registered
6,784 Posts

They do good work there for children.
The do good work for children at the Shriners Hospital also.
Both free to kids.

Sorry if I came across too strong. Was just wondering...
I've seen you refer to being in Indy, so I just assumed you were a Hoosier too.
(Don't make me say that too loud, or someone will throw rocks...)

You are up there in Bob & Tom country!
I can finally get them down here via the web! Still listen to them every morning.
Griswold used to come to the Garage when we raced a champ car, and drink free beer and annoy people.
That was a long time ago, before he was married...
His wife won't let him hang out with us anymore... (Not after she found out about the strippers...)

Later dude, Aaron

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Aaron!! Working in a hospital I see horror stories constantly (more so with pediatrics). This contribution is a wonderful thing. Children are the only honest thing in the world. They should be cherished. After the great success I experienced with your upgrade, I will be sending my check. I encourage everyone out there to do the same. There are many wonderful families who can not afford decent healthcare. Children should not be punished for this. Now, I will get off this soapbox. Thanks Aaron, Chad

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.