Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to 3 different stores today,Advance,walmart,and a farm/fleet and all had the 2 piece ford caps,however all had the bottom half
held on by spring clips,typical ford style,my cap is bolted down with 2 screws,whats the deal here? PS the caps i saw were like
the cap on a Jeep pic in this BBS,the one with the dist cap conversion pic,i think it was
old yeller?"

· Registered
6,784 Posts
Look for the I-6 base, it has the screws you speek of.
The V-8 base has the spring clips.
Check any parts store. If they can't find it, tell them to get the base for an 83 Ford F-150 with a 300 CID I-6 engine.

If Chris Columbus "Discovered" America (with 25 million already here), Can I Go "Discover" Florida?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmmmmmmm,well for what ever reason,those i saw were sposed to be for a 300.oh well ill try Napa,thanks for the responses

· Registered
6,355 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif John.....is there any chance that your distributor is a PRESTOLITE? Some 77's had them I think./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

· Registered
485 Posts
Ask for "Wells #F961" This is the part number that I looked up at work the other day. Team Rush...I looked at the cap bases
for several 80's 300 inline 6's and the only one I could find that screwed on instead of snaping on, was one from a 77 Ford 6
cyclinder.

Don't quote me on that part # but I will check on it again tomorrow and make sure it's the right one, but I am pretty sure it's the one.

Alec

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.