Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what the thoughts out there on the spacers. I have a 4.3l 1988 4wd s-15 jimmy. Anyone, especially with this size engine have experience?
Thanks

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have one, it seems to shift your powerband up...they say they give you better lower torque, but i don't know. i made my own using the gasket that goes on the botm of the TBI as a template, made out of 1" alum. i think it helped give a couple of extra hp at about 3000 RPM...

Craig

'89 S-10 P/U 4.3L 31" Yoko M/Ts (For Sale!)/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif
'99 S-10 2.2L 2WD 5 Speed Stepside Totally Stock /wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif

'88 Kawasaki Mojave (FOR SALE)/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
you are just backwords Fishy. A throttle body spacer makes more upper end HP. It is the samething as a carb spacer. It won't hurt to put it on low end wise, but ti doesn't do much to the low end either. I haven't noticed a bit of change on my truck. I have had it on for a fewmonths.

88 crewcab w/38's. For sale.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the Airaid TBI spacer and haven't really noticed much of a difference. FYI, the K&N Intake won't work with the Airaid spacer.

Tom
96 Blazer 4x4

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they do work, but not with my new holly tbi unit, I have one for my 89 4.3 jimmy, I will sell it to you, email me if you are interested

My truck is not rusty, that's caked on mud. Jason

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is a familiar thread (actually, I think I've asked about these myself). The one answer that stuck was that 1996 and newer vortek engines would not benefit from a spacer. The intake was modified in 96 which pumped the vortek from 165 to 195 HP. I will spend my money on something else....probably beer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.