Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First how hard is it to wire a TBI. I will not have the original harness or computer. Second which aftermarket wiring harness is best. Third is it possible to make a wiring harness using another TBI setup (that is in a Suburban)as a template. Finally what is the going price for a computer, and what should I look for in it and what is the best vehicle to get it out of (ie. manual or auto, 2wd or 4wd etc..). Thanks.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7
WALSTIB/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Do a search on the WWW, you will find several do it yourself fuel injection web sites with plenty of links to suppliers, the easiest way is to buy everything you need from somebody like howell, they will set you up with all the right parts and they will lighten your wallet too. The cheap way to go is to rob all the parts from a vehicle that matches your engine. the newer chiltons manuals have good wiring diagrams that will help you modify the wiring harness to your needs.
good luck, jjc

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can easily get close to 8-900 bucks into doing this swap a piece at a time. computer, sensors, wiring harness, fuel pump, all those pieces add up real quick. I have a price qoute on these parts for a TPI setup it was over $900 for computer, MAF sensor, and wiring. I know TBI is cheaper, but not that much. I bought a complete package used for about 350. Now I have everything needed plus spare injectors, throttle body, sensors, distributor.....Again this is TPI parts, you should be able to do better on TBI parts.
good luck, jjc

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone have a review or a section on a web page on how to wire a TBI 350? Any info would help. Thanks.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7
WALSTIB/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know of any offhand, but you might try to find a street rod BBS or a site having to do with muscle cars. The TBI is a popular swap for lots of cars, so don't limit yourself to just looking at swaps into a Jeep.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Was that for the tbi or tpi? 350 for everything is cheap. I've got my hands on a free one from a good friend in alabama, but not sure what it will need. I know it needs the harnass, but I've thought about going to the salvage yard and pickin one up, especially if I can get one for that price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts