Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TAZ-about your ARB\'s

Hey CJTaz-
Did you install your ARB's yourself? If you didn't, how did you pick a shop to do it? I am waiting on some $$ to free up so I can start working on the CJ again and ARB's are on the list (at least the list is getting shorter/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif) I remember seeing one of your posts some time back and thought you mentioned you had this locker. I am in Andover, just outside Wichita and if you have a good shop up there it wouldn't be too far to go. I am just starting to ask around here and not too many shops have done this install that I have contacted so far. Thanks for any leads /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif!!

Brit /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif
85 CJ7 /wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

·
Official Curmudgeon
4,707 Posts
Re: TAZ-about your ARB\'s

No, I had it done. I do everything on my jeep myself except for differentials and front end alignment.
At the time I did it, my rear end had gone bad and I needed somebody quick. I picked the shop with
that had a monster truck in front of it. They are no longer in business but I can put you onto an
individual who specializes in jeep transmissions and differential.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Taz,
That would be great if you could hook me up with a good shop. We only have one off-road shop in Wichita and they farm out a lot of the work. I've been happy with them for the most part but I don't know much about diff's, gearing and such. I have 4.10s that came with the CJ when I bought it and run 33's. It actually drives/revs better than with the 31's that were on when I got it. I have asked around a little about the ARB's and so far everyone just says "sure,that sounds cool, I can do that" Not exactly what I would like to hear. Thanks for your help/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif. Private Email or post back here. Thanks again.

·
Official Curmudgeon
4,707 Posts

Actually, the one I was thinking of is not a shop. He works out of his home as a sideline. The previous
owner of my jeep thought highly of him and then when I bought it 13 years ago, I ran into him working
at a 4wd salvage yard. For differentials, I trust him more than any shop and he will save you a few
bucks. He has installed ARBs in the front and rear of his own jeep so he has experience. He took his
rear ARB back out because he didn't think it was strong enough for him. He is a real hard-core
offroader.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Taz--do you think he would be willing to help out a fellow Jeeper? I'm not quite ready, gotta pay taxes ya know, like it or not/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif. I would like to get in touch with him if you don't mind passing on his name or number. Might be best to private e-mail.
How are you guys in KC fixed for shops? Like I said, we just have the one/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif. I did check out the Sam's Offroad shop that had the big brown CJ in one of the off road mags recently. They are in Tulsa. I was down there with a buddy for a conference two or three Fridays ago. They are really great guys and have a good reputation around the Tulsa area. That is one bitchin' CJ too. They keep it parked out in front of the shop and I bet they love the advertising they got out of the article. http:// http://www.samsoffroad.com/
Later

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.