Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tanner\'s CJ5 SOA Conversion...

Okay...this is a beta trial here for the pictures. more will follow, just seeing if this works. I'm going to combine some of the pics so you don't have to click on dozen links.

Click Below

http://bbs.off-road.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/1438811/an/0/page/0#1438811

Thanks Jim for the tip!

Oh yes....and all the criticism is welcome, good or bad! But if the bad outnumbers the good...to heck with you all!!!! Just kidd'n... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Re: Tanner\'s CJ5 SOA Conversion...

Looks good Ryan!!!! Looks like a little sawzall action may be in order for the rear wheel wells.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I know...that day's going to hurt. I ramped it on the front, no rubbing there or the back. But I didn't get carried away with it. Amazing flex though for what's on it.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts

Looks good, but watch that front shackle angle. Looks rather verticle to me in the picture. you may find you invert shackles more often than you want.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts

Looks really nice now. Well done.

·
Registered
7,409 Posts

Very sweet looking jeep! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif

·
Registered
1,848 Posts

I like the jeep.... reminds me of my CJ5 when I first got it. Maybe I should have went SOA instead of lift springs. Makes me wish I never painted it blue.....

LOOKING GOOD!!

btw.... how did you manage to get double shocks on the front? I've wanted to double up on mine for a while, but can't seem to find anybody that has the shock hoops for a CJ5....

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

First of all, thanks everybody for all the replies. I appreciate all the comments. I need to backup my promise by posting more pics...i'll get to it this week.

[ QUOTE ]
btw.... how did you manage to get double shocks on the front? I've wanted to double up on mine for a while, but can't seem to find anybody that has the shock hoops for a CJ5....

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take specific pics on how this was done. It's nothing incredibly difficult. It'll be a lot easier to see in the pics than it will be me trying to put it in words. I'll get them posted either tonight or tomorrow.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re:Tanner\'s CJ5 SOA Convers... (Tons of New pics!)

Sorry for the delay in getting these out. FYI Photobucket.com is the place to visit if you're wanting to upload pics. Easy as spit! Upload, copy and past the code into this string...nothing to it.

Here's the Shock setup that's on the front axels.
Overview

Top Bracket

Bottom Bracket

Right Side Before/After (both pictures shown with old exhaust. I put a new 2-to-1 exhaust on it, routed out the driver side, rear corner.

Back Side Before/After

Front Side Angle Before/After

Front Axel w/wo Diff Gaurd

Rear Axel w/wo Diff Gaurd (new 2-to-1 exhaust tailpipe shown on the bottom picture)

Steering Old/New

New Tires...love'm!!! (shown w/ old exhaust)

Still lots to do, but it's a total kick in the ass now! Ladies love it too!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I hope that the pictures came through?!?!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts

Sure did Ryan.....looks really good. My junk is broken at the moment, I hope to have it back by the weekend

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

[ QUOTE ]
Sure did Ryan.....looks really good. My junk is broken at the moment, I hope to have it back by the weekend

[/ QUOTE ]

Ed-
Sorry about the other weekend. I haven't had a day off since I wrote you last. Hopefully here soon I will get some time and we can go break things together.

RT

·
Registered
1,106 Posts

I understand. I've pretty much been working 7 10's for the last 3 weeks. I took off last Sunday and broke the Jeep. Luckily I had most of the parts I needed. Just sucks doing the work in the parking lot.....lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts