Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all,

I know this ain't about JEEPS but there was a very interesting article in the Washington Post today about how back in the 1930's when the Gov'mt wanted to create Shenandoah National Park in Virgina. In the article it stated they just had them Gov't agents move on in and forcefully remove some of the inhabitants when they didn't want to leave. The real kicker here is then they burned down the dwellings so they couldn't return. OBTW they did pay them $6.00 per acre for their land, what a pisser. We all need to get involved and vote.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mike,
I've said this before, but with Jaffer's recent post I figure I'd mention it again. There are 2 very good LandUse boards on this bbs
system, and far too few of us are using them. If you post stuff like this over there on the Land Use--General board OHVers of all
types will see it. Anyone concerned with these issues should frequent that space, myself, Sandman, Felgin, Drew and a few others
are there all the time. BTW, ORC has a new Land Use section brewing that I'm editing, PJC just has to get some things worked out
on it. Stuff like this will be more than welcome there once it is up and running. (BTW, I for one don't mind the off-topic posts, I just
thought I would point out the other boards again.)

Brad
Get active or get locked out, the choice is yours.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DOH, sorry, when you're in the begining stages of alzheimers/dementia its kinda hard to remember everything, won't happen again.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Geez Bird, I was just trying to bring attention to the LandUse boards. Personally, I don't mind off-topic, but you will reach more
variety of OHVers on the other boards!

Brad
Get active or get locked out, the choice is yours.

·
Registered
5,526 Posts
Howdy Brad.. I'm definitely hoping that when you get the land use page edited with fresh up to date info, there'll be a ton of people that pay attention to it. As of now, the info can be hard to find and time consuming for the majority. That should make it much simpler for people to keep informed, right? Just need to spread the word all around about it... I'd personally like to see as many new posts over on the land use forums as over in the forums like Jeep, Toy, GM trucks, etc... People getting involved is what is needed... /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif That being said I've got to be going... /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif If I don't end this post now, it'll turn into a 30 chapter novel.. /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

Tim
"The_Sandman_454"

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 6" lift, 35x12.5s & '85 GMC S15 4x4

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.