Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having a little problem with water leaking in my 94 Sahara. I went to take the dashboard apart, got everything off and when I got to the glovebox, i cant seem to get it off... I don't see any other fasteners... If anyone know the trick to get the glovebox portion of the dash of I'd appreciate it.. After that I'm removing the defroster ducts to get a good look at where the water is coming in...

Also, If anyone knows where to get an after-market instrument cluster bezel... preferably one with a brushed stainless finish, I'm looking to make the YJ dash look a little cooler /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif...

Steve

Steve

1994 YJ Sahara

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey! I can definatly help you with this, I just replaced my glovebox with a tuffy glovebox.

After you remove the obvious screws, reach behind the box and feel where it attaches to the dash. You should feel 4 small bolts, 2 on each side of the box. They are VERY small and very hard to get to. I used a 1/4 in rachet and I forget what size socket to slowly work them out (Turning less than an 1/8th of a turn at a time!) Remove those, and the box will just fall out. Very time consuming though.

I can help you more if you email me at [email protected]

-Brian
93 YJ, 4.0L, Tuffy'ized interior

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.