Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is not related to 4wheeling but I thought I might get some help here anyways. I got a 2000 Tahoe (new body style). I am going to replace the speakers stereo, pretty much everything. Anyways I believe the door speakers are 6 3/4 am I right? Also there appears to be 2 small speakers on the back pillar next to the cargo doors, anyone know what size those are? I believe there is a factory external amp somewhere, does anyone know where that is located? Any other advise as far the stereo in this thing goes. I plan on retaining the stock sub box, but replacing the actual speaker. Any advice is appreciated.

1986 CJ-7
SOA 2.5" Pro-Comp springs
Warn 8074

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Check with www.crutchfield.com, they give you the exact speaker sizes for your vehicle plus additional info like mounting depth and so on. All you have to do is punch in the year, make, and model of your vehicle and voila! Check it out, it might help you some.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I replaced the door speakers in my 1999 Suburban (old Body style) I believe the speaker sizes are the same for yours as mine. The doors I think were 6 3/4 you can put 6 1/2 if you want. So just shop for the ones you want. The back speaker that are in the roof should be 4x10's Not many people make those speakers. I think mine are Pioneer. I bought them from Crutchfield. They were an easy swap. I bought them a long time ago for my 92 Blazer. Took them out when I sold the Blazer. Put them in my 95 Suburban then took them out when I totalled the Suburban now they are in my 99 Suburban. They do have an amp on them. A factory amp of some kind. I don't know too much about the amp. Mine sound great. I went with Infinity speakers in the front doors and I have not replaced the rear door speakers yet. Good luck I hope this helps you some.

Laters, Ryan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts