Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just put a new battery in my 95 wrangler and now when i step on the break the tach goes to 0, then engine still runs fine, but its just wierd it does that anyone know a quick fix or what the problem is?
thanks!

(\/)ikey 1988 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L w/5spd Manual
1995 Wrangler 2.5L w/ 5spd Manual

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif Mikey, Mikey, Mikey......your Jeep is pleading with you to restore the ground straps that connect the battery to the engine-the engine to the tub- the tub to the frame...well, you get the idea. Your three Jeeps are not linked negatively. That is the tub Jeep, and the frame Jeep, and the engine Jeep aren't intimate. They need a good grounding system, one to the other./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I sounds like a voltage problem to me. (do you have a volt meter?) i fixed a stereo that would shut off when you hit the brake, they had the stereo power wire spliced into the switch coming off the back of the brake pedal, (some brake lights have no relay and are wired straight to the battery, if something else is wired with them, the voltage will drop when you hit the brake)

3/4tonYJ
My Jeep Page

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The tach and guages get their ground from a black wire with a tan stripe that is attatched to the block at the same point as the battery cable. It's pretty common for the wire to be loose in the terminal end or the nut to be loose that retains it to the block. I'd check there first.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i checked almost everywhere i could think of any other ideas?
thanks

(\/)ikey 1988 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L w/5spd Manual
1995 Wrangler 2.5L w/ 5spd Manual

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.