Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new traxxas high proformance exast pipe for my t-maxx but the plasting conector wont stay on when i flip so then it comes off and i have to put it back on and it is really annoying! what is the best way to keep it on? i have tryed zip tying it but i came off.

Can any one help??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[ QUOTE ]
you could try using a small hose clamp to hold it on

[/ QUOTE ] I tried that and it tore the piece when I flipped.
i used zip ties. Make sure you don't have any oil or anything on it before you install it and get the zips TIGHT

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It must not be lined up right if it rips the rubber!

Did you try making a different muffler bracket or re-allign the one you have?

I had one that I had to enlarge the hole in the frame so that the exhaust tip would allow the muffler to be placed in the right spot.

· Registered
391 Posts
try loosening the muffler bracket then clean the connector with dish soap to get off all the oil. Dry it carefully then line it all up so its in tight then tighten the muffler bracket. If tightening the bracket makes the muffler want to seperate from the connector then you may have to modify the one you have or make a new one. take pictures so we can see it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i had this problem with my dominator. it hurt but i found it inside myself to bend and cut the end of my pipe to give it a lip all around, haven't had to tinker with it ever again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.