Which adapter kit is better for putting a
T-18 in '82 cj7, 258, Dana 300? Novak says
no drive shaft modifications are necessary
using their kit. Is the same true of the
advance adapters kit?

·
Registered
773 Posts
I'm no expert, but I don't think either kit requires drivshaft modifications. I know the Novak kit does require the tranny(t18) mainshaft be replaced and the bellhousing may have to be drilled in a couple of spots, I would think the AA kit is similiar. The last time I checked the Novak kits were a decent bit cheaper than the AAs too. Just go to both sites and read through several times. I know it can be a little confusing at first, but the more you read and think about it the easier it becomes. You might check the Tech Section too, I'm pretty sure there is a couple of T18 swap articles there.

BMB

·
Registered
829 Posts
If it is a Jeep T18 than I have a 258 bellhousing for it!

Rodney C
1985 CJ7,302 V8,T18,D20,SOA,Shackles Reversed, 35" BFG AT's, Fiberglass Tub & Front End...
1990 Samurai,87 drive line,SOA+2.5" Add-A-Leaf,4.16's,5.12's,33" BFG's Mud's,Pony Carb...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, it's a Ford T-18. When I was looking for my T-18
a lot of the junkyards were telling me that they couldn't
keep them in stock. As soon as they got one in someone
got it. Are the jeepers buying them all up?

·
Registered
439 Posts
jeepers love T-18's I have one but it's not granny low it's 4.01:1. what's the going price on adapter kits for T-18 to Dana300's ?

Chad

84 & 76 CJ-7's Give me a striaght six cummins diesel anyday. [email protected]

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Just priced one this weekend from advanced adapters for t-18 Ford to Dana 20 575.00 I think I will Be doing something else..

97 TJ 31's and mostly stock but seeing what I can do about that..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rio Grande,
Try somebody else who sells Advance's products like No Excuses (800-923-JEEP), Mepco (http://www.mepco4x4.com), or Parts Mike. Buying directly from Advance is always more expensive than buying from one of their distributors.

'75 CJ5,258 w/Howell EFI,T18a,4.27's,33's,On-board air,Warn 8274

·
Registered
393 Posts
I used the Novak adapter. I had to put in the new output shaft to convert from 2wd to dana 300 4wd. I used the original drive shafts with no problems. The only difference was that I had the Chevy motor swapped in a year prior. The motor was mated up to a T-5, but the bell housing patterns were the same.
I think I paid around 320 bucks for the kit.
TJ

1 - 11 of 11 Posts