Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to change my fluids this weekend.
I was wondering how muchfluid do the following parts hold.
AX-15
NP231
Dana 30 and 35.
Also I will be calling Autozone to see what type of Synthetics they carry.
What weight oils should I be looking for to go in each part?
Thank you

Kiley /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif
94YJ
Alittle better than stock.
And now with a future Jeeper on the way.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
AX-15 - 3.32 quarts
NP231 - 1 liter
Dana 30 - 1.2 liters
Dana 35 - 1.66 liters (Make sure to add 4 ounces of friction agent if you have track lock)

Sorry about those funky measurments.... that is taken from the Factory manual. You should be able to convert those to quarts or pints with an online conversion program.

Good Luck,

LarryM
85 CJ7, 350TBI ,T19 4spd
'00 TJ Sport, NV3550 5spd, D44, Teraflex system

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Autozone (at least in the Midwest) carries Mobil 1 75w-90 synthetic gear oil. An AX15 takes about 3.3 quarts. Mobil 1 gear oil should be ok for an older AX15. The differentials will take about 4 quarts of Mobil 1 gear oil between them. The NP231 takes one quart of Dexron II/III ATF.

Personally, I run Mobil 1 gear oil in my D30 and D35 (Mopar friction modifier additive in the D35 for the Trac-Lok). The NP231 was refilled with Quaker State Dexron III until I find synthetic ATF. I put Redline MT-90 in my AX-15 because the Factory Service Manual specifies GL-3 gear oil for '98.

Bill

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank yall for the quik replys

Kiley /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif
94YJ
Alittle better than stock.
And now with a future Jeeper on the way.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Bill,
Mobil makes a synthetic DexIII ATF ....the stuff really made a difference in my passenger car trans and power steering in the cold. Not many retailers carry it.....I had to order a case of it from the local Mobil Gas & Go type thingie........around $5/qt. I believe that you can order all the synthetics online at Mobils site:
http://www.exxon.mobil.com/netcom/mobil1estore/

GeeAea

Figures don't lie ....... but liars sure do figure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.