Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,641 Posts
their is a good write up on jeepin.com about this i think. Be sure to get the hole you need to drill as much in the middle as possible, i'll tell you that. I was thinking about the RE SYE, but cutting and drilling the output shaft is kinda scary, so i think that i'm gonna got for the JB conversions one, or Tom Woods.

Later,

Todd

88' XJ
3" rusty's
1.75" Shackles
2" RE spacers.
Rusty LCA's.
RE extended slip yoke.
RE adj trackbar
Quadratec SS Brakelines
31" goodyear wrangler at's
Sway-bar disco's

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
over on the short wheel base board they have a group buy going on rite now Save $60 bucks On the SYE kit. CHECK IT OUT. I dont like the idea of cuting and taping too much either but the ones that i have tlked to that have done it say its tit. Wish me luck lol. SCRAM

The moment you are born you start to die so buy A Jeep and play hard!!!!!

It's All Out or Nothing At All!!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SYE Install

OK now i need to know what i will need for tools. I want to cut it and install the kit while in the jeep. What is the best method of cutting it? SCRAM

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: SYE Install

was thinking and think i will just go with a cut off tool grinder style. I just dont want to screw up but hey i have a few inches to practice on lol. SCRAM

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: SYE Install

thanx man youll all know very soon how bug i muffed the install lol. SCRAM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.