Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
switching trans in \'72 blazer from auto to stand

can anyone tell me how hard it is to put in a standard trans into a 72 blazer with a th350 and a np205 transfer case ? Also would a 8" suspesion lift be enough to fit 40" tires with out rubbing. thanks for the info.

I don't worry cause bones heal, pain goes away, and chicks dig scars/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Re: switching trans in \'72 blazer from auto to stand

I know the tranny thing isn't easy, but it isn't the hardest thing either. Other than that, I can't help you much.

8" is not enough to not have any rubbing. Would take a lot of trimming to clear the 40's.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Flowmaster, K&N, MSD coil & wires, Rancho 2.5" lift, 285/75R16 AT's/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

repost... Can anyone help??

I don't worry cause bones heal, pain goes away, and chicks dig scars/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
103 Posts

I'm considering doing the same swap in my '72 Jimmy. I haven't done a allot of investigating on this, but money is definitely a factor and greatly depends on what trans. you are wanting to swap in. Advance Adapters makes just about anything you'll need to swap in any trans.I can't help much as far as the difficulty level goes because I haven't done it yet, but after talking with some guys that have done a similar swap and seeing there finished product, I'm not afraid to take it on. Do factor in that this is not my daily driver, and if I get stuck on something or screw it up, it can wait 'till I can figure it out.(Man I need to make some friends on this board.) When you start you're research you will get a better understanding of how hard it is.
AJMBLAZER answered the 40's question for you.
Oh ya, JB Conversions has some stuff for the swap too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I just Did a auto to manual tranny swap on my 78 GMC Jimmy. I don't think it was any more difficult than replacing a clutch. There were some minor modifications. However, most parts bolted right up. Let me know if you have any specific questions. I could probabaly write a book here explaining all I did... Lazydog

1 - 5 of 5 Posts