Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Re: switching cages; a 94\'s on 88 wrangler?

I would think that it would be a simple switch, just bolt in. A buddy of mine did a reverse of that put an 88 into a 92, that one bolted in with the exception that 2 of the bolts didn't quite line up so he welded it on. It was quicker that way for him

Cutch 88YJ

G

·

I installed a 95 Wrangler cage to my 90 tub when I did a total tub swap on my 80 CJ 7. It fit with no problems. I believe two holes don't line up . Just redrill the holes after bar is installed. I like having shoulder belts front and back. My 80 only had lap belts. I plan to add to the bars, one across the top back, and one each across the wheel well. It's a work in progress like everyone's.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thanks for the info on the holes. I'm going down to Bowie Truck, a 4x4 graveyard this weekend to try to pick one up.
PS. The main reason I need to replace the stock one is because it is bent. I think it might have been rolled over by a previous owner. I heard that they are easy to come by and cheap./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.