Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Does anyone know if the complete door skins can be swapped from year to year?

Thanks,
Kent

94 XJ (purchased July 00)
Skids, XD9000I, Lights, Bumpers, CB/Ham, Roof Racks, ARB compressor, Duo-Optima's, 200 amp alt, and too much more to list!
These trucks rock!

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
kent,

yes they can. I think that all the door skins from 84-96 will fit one each other.

88' XJ
3" rusty's
1.75" Shackles
2" RE spacers.
Rusty LCA's.
RE extended slip yoke.
RE adj trackbar
Quadratec SS Brakelines
31" goodyear wrangler at's
Sway-bar disco's

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey NHxj4x4,
That's what I thought /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif.

There is one /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif thing about XJ's, they've changed so little over the years swapping components and retro fitting stuff is fairly easy to do.

You just made my day!

Thanks,
Kent

Skids, XD9000I, Lights, Bumpers, CB/Ham, Roof Racks, ARB compressor, Duo-Optima's, 200 amp alt, and too much more to list!
These trucks rock!

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Yeah,

I've been thinkning of upgrading my doors to the hockeystick armrest -- right now they are base model with like 10" handle-rests. Unfortunately, I love the stock color that I have and I've only found it on only two model years (88-89). I think it's called Cordova -- it's the burgundy -- not the dark red -- it's more brown.

The only junker I have access to with the color is an old two door 88 chief. Two door no worky for MJ. they have the fourdoor fronts.

Now someone has to get on that no-post newer XJ window deal and see if that works. I would, but there's no new junked XJ's around in the yards.

'88 MJ SporTruck
365K on 2.5L (Energizer Bunny Package)

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Chris,
"hockeystick"?? Are those the arm rests where the base is solid with (what appears to be) a separate (pole shaped) upper section?

Kent

These trucks rock!

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I think you're thinking of the right one. Check out these links -- they're off an ebay auction so they won't last forever. Hey!! That's the color I have that I can never describe well enough.

This is the hockeystick:

This is the type of handle that is used in my front door. Also with the base model, the lower kick piece is vinyl, not carpet,and there is no mapholder:

'88 MJ SporTruck

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Chris_MJ,
OK, the hockeystick is what I've got my XJ. The 98 through 2001 XJ's I saw the other day have a more radicail kind of (I'll call them hockeystick) arm rests. It's almost like two separate pieces. The main flat piece (like the back door image here) color coded to the interior, then a second black "pole" that runs upwards at roughly a 45% degree angle.

I'll keep my eyes open in the junk yards for wine colored hockeystop armrests. If I find any I'll ask them to hold it and let you know.

Kent
Kent

These trucks rock!

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Cool,

don't forget to ask about a price. I have a pic on my home computer of that. I was going to add it to the post, but it had a sizing problem. I usually go to ebay and search for pics of the newer stuff. Someone had a '99 with sweet 25-picture job this week. All thumbnails to be blown up. Might still be on there -- but he had those handles you're talking about.

Oh yeah, I got window cranks, too -- god that door looks bare w/o them

'88 MJ SporTruck

G

·
Wow , I have never seen an MJ with your panel before? MY 86 has the 'hockey stick' and map holder and is only a "x" model. My jeep junkyard hsa many MJ's and I think I have seen what you are looking for. I am goin this weekend to get a new headliner panel so I will let you know if I see any.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Chris_MJ,
I was at the yard on Friday night, and saw serveral arm rests. However, they were all in bad shape so I didn't pursue it.

I'll be back at that yard several more times over the summer, so I'll keep my eyes open for you.

Kent

These trucks rock!

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
You guys rule!

'88 MJ SporTruck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts