Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if a new dash that comes out of a new 97-00 TJ would fit in a 94 Wrangler. If it would fit phisically, would it be possible to wire it up, and everything work right.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Don't know if it will work, but I have a '97 TJ that I would swap the dash out of in a heart beat. It's the only thing I really DO NOT like about the TJ.

Doug '97 TJ
Creator of the CBrack
CBrack.com

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Don't know if you can do it either, but you sure can try! You can put a CJ one in there like I did, though you may have more trouble than I did with my 88 as you have the electronic speedo, and I still had a carb and the cable-speedo....

http://www.off-road.com/jeep/swb/articles/dash.htm

I did this write up on my YJ, as I hated that plastic dash. It is the only thing I don't like about the TJ also. Now, if someone could put a CJ dash in a TJ.. Now there's a great swap!!!

Good luck
Pete

88YJ,4"susp,33"BFGMT,9kwinch,homemade swingout,258,999,4.10,weber32/36,GMHEI,one moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I guess it's all just personal preference, but I think a Jeep should have a big metal dash and a real metal grab bar, and I just love that large round speedometer in the middle. /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

Personal preference, nothing more, nothing less.
Pete

88YJ,4"susp,33"BFGMT,9kwinch,homemade swingout,258,999,4.10,weber32/36,GMHEI,one moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.