Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent 8 hours saturday roaming the raceway park swap meet for nothing. I was hoping to find some 33" swampers, a distributor for my 302 and a few other small items. Every time I found 33x12.5 swampers, they were already sold or were worn too much to use. I did find one set of 33" thornbirds but the seller wanted $850 because they were on aluminum rims. I don't need nor want aluminum rims, so these were out of the question. After all the walking all I got was a new tool box for the back of my jeep. It is a rather cool box though. It is a surplus airforce computer shipping crate. Air/water tight, filled with foam and it floats. Once I make some brackets for it I'll post some pics.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Hey, do you have to have swampers? I got 5 almost new General Grabber Mudders in 33x12.50x15 that I'll be selling soon. They're 2 months old but I'll be switching to 35s. Oh, I'll keep my rims though so it's only the tires.

'91 YJ,I-6,2.5" lift,Boomerangs,33s,D30,D35c,Lock-Rights F&R

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just got a call this morning from afreind who knows some one who knows someone who...well you get the idea, I might have a set of swampers coming this week. I want the swampers for off the pavement as I have a set of 33" all terrains sitting in my tool shed that are going to go on as soon as I get the one inch body lift on and trim the fenders. Maybe I should have bought the se tof 35s I saw since I know that the 33s aren't going to be big enough for very long. You know how it is, you get new tires on and the truck looks big for about a week. After that you just want to go bigger. I probably will not be happy until I get 36s under my jeep and break axles on a regular basis.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 8.8 should be fine with 35s(I'd carry spare shafts anyway) But with the v8 and some large tires I defenetly need to get rid of my front dana 30.

I also almost picked up a baja beetle this weekend but I figured that the money would be better spent on the jeep. Maybe mext year I'll start building the sand car. I gotta be prepare for when I move out west(I wanna get out of jersey so bad I can smell the fresh air already).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.