Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine swears that he seen that motor trend tv chose the exterra as the 4x4 of the year? Is he just blowing smoke or do I
need to go out and buy one?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Your buddy's right. Big picture of an Xterra right on the front.

Bernie
'86 720 "The Stain"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I think I've seen that somewhere too! Look's like you Xterra boy's are on to something???

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gifIf you can't Drive It, Drag It?/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
if you ask me the xterra is not all that new. it realy should have been called the new pathfinder. the pathfinder should have been something like the lexus crap toyota has. if you think about it the original pathfinder was based on the hardbody. as were a lot of suv's now they have all gone independant of themselves. I just hope this puts nissan back i the game

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have to agree with gator. the only big difference between the xterra and old pathfinder is the leaf springs vs the coils. everything else is just refinements and a new body! please correct me if i'm wrong but the new xterra is the real replacement to the old pathfinder.

'95 Pathfinder SE-V6

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dissin\' the new Paths

So why is everyone dissin' the newer Pathfinders? They still are capable off-road, they still accept a slight lift and they still are Nissans. I agree that the Xterra is closer to the original Paths roots, but it is still downclass from the '93-'95s.

Tim T.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Re: Dissin\' the new Paths

sorry i did not mean to to insult pathfinders. I actually like them. I have seen some lifted and looking good. i just hate the fact that the name had to be changed. what will probably happen is they will eventually put all luxo big buck acceries on the x-terra and it will be priced out to far before long too. remember how the path was basic for the first couple of years? so now nissan has a whole slew of 4x4's i just hope the aftermarket see's this and responds with great acceries

1 - 7 of 7 Posts